The Sims 2

HaVoC

Got this a day early, and it's miles better than the first Sims game.

To test it out, I created a household with:

HaVoCMaN

Sledge

Rhino

Dafool

Femme Fatale (hey, I needed a woman ok :P )

All 5 of them are under the Arnie family name...

So far, no-one likes the kilt-wearing Sledge (who also has a habit of not clearing up after himself, and also of not being able to get to the toilet in time to stop a leak onto the carpet due to other people hogging it just when he needs to go :P), which is a blow to him because his aspiration is to be popular, Dafool the brat's school grades are going through the floor, HaVoCMaN's school grades are rocketing but he has a habit of kicking over the outside dustbin for absolutely no reason, and the camo-covered Rhino and Hawaiian-style Femme Fatale have begun to hit it off together (rather worrying considering they're brother and sister in the game...).

It's an odd game, but it can be so much fun seeing how random events can affect the Sims and/or totally mess up their lives.

Sorry R22, I think you'll have to fight Rhino for her at Arnie-Geddon! :P;)

Oh and sorry again R22 - I forgot to include you in the family! I meant to include Rizzo too, but that'd be too many Sims to control easily (5 is enough!) and I HAD to include the little blonde-haired toddler, Dafool :P

Oh and Rhino, in the game you're a military-obsessed wierdo with permanent camo face-paint and camo trousers, along with a moustache and a flat-top haircut :P

What's it like? Well it's great. When it works.

At the moment it's unfinished, and in dire need of a patch. It crashes constantly and although what play I've gotten out of it is excellent, I haven't really been able to get much time in with it, and I've all but given up till someone figures out how to fix the problem I've got (and it's a fairly common problem).

800MHz CPU

256MB RAM (way too low though - you really need at least 512MB)

3.5GB HDD space

32MB T&L-capable (ie - made within the last 3-4 years...) graphics card

DirectX 9.0c (on the CD)

A lot of patience to put up with a loooooon installation.

If you have those, you'll be ok according to the back of the box.

Doom 3 rocks. UT series rocks. But so does The Sims 2.

Sure it's not a hardcore shooter game, but it's strangely addictive. I agree that the Sims add-on packs should be left to die, but come on! Tje Sims 2 is such a huge leap it's just cool to look for the differences and mess around with the infinite choices allowed by the Sim creation tool.

Made a nude woman skin myself. Erk.

:huh:

Hay HM, add me to the family pllleeeaaassseee!!! :D Make sure my sim has no hair, like me :)

Not played many of the sims games but I might get this one as it looks pretty good, picked up a copy of The Cronicles of Riddick, Ecape from Butcher Bay for my xbox today, looks awesome :D

Archived