Hello

CobaltSky

Hi

I'm new to airsoft and have only played a few games but I have a lot of spare cash and time now that my A-levels are finishing up. I've been paintballing for a number of years and have a lot of kit from that but I wanted to try something a little different as there is now a small group of people at the field I normally go to who are ruining it for me and my friends. This is a shame but I guess idiots turn up all the time.

I'm on the verge of ordering my first AEG and I found this place looking for advice and just people to talk to about airsoft. This forum in particular seemed to be a little safer than some others (I swear on some forums all the members are trolls)

The one think you should know about me is that I am a total geek about everything I get into. Computers, PB and Karate have been my staples for the last few years although as I said PB had been getting less attractive recently.

Thanks to anybody who bothered to read/reply to this.

Hi Cobalt, Welcome to Arnies :D:)

Your right about some of the other forums (No names of course ;) ), unlike them however, Arnies is a great community filled to the brim with an immense amount of knowledge, the majority of the community is very friendly and will almost always help you out, unless of course you ask something stupid :P - To avoid that I suggest you Search first :)

Another good place to look, if your intending to buy an AEG soon, or anything airsoft related for that matter, is the Review Database :)

About the geeky thing, thats nothing to be ashamed about, I am sure that you will soon catch onto airsoft as well, and in no time at all you will be helping out the rest of the community :)

In the mean time, I don't suppose I could take a minute out of your life and ask you to fill in This for me? Its nice for newcomers to introduce them selves :) - Its just a bit of fun ^_^

Rob

yeah klis is a geek too, dont let it worry you :P (only joking mate! i love you really ;) )

yeah welcome, it sounds like your gunna have a good time! if you want to see some really cool airsoft stuff you might want to have a look through the airsoft video's thread in the picture forum on here, some really nice video's!

Welcome to Arnies! :D

EDIT: spelling :rolleyes:

I was gonna go for the TM SR, I think thats a civvie version but I'm not totally sure. It has rails instead of the intergrated scope which is better for me seeing as I already have my own optics from my PB days.

EDIT: god, I can't believe I'm already talking about PB in the past tense :huh:

lol, yeah forget paintball, you dont need it! :D my honest suggestion would to be to get the CA AUG military version, its supposed to be darn nice and CA are better, firing faster out of the box, and with better build quality, aswell as better internals...

Ah but then I'm stuck with the stock scope and I like options. As much as I would like the CA unless they release a civve version soon then they don't get my money. If there is a mod for it that puts a top rail on then let me know and I'd consider it but at the moment TM wins.

It's still about a month before I actually order the thing though so I have plenty of time to research all my options.

Archived