G36k 3 point sling advice

I've had my G36 for a while now and have used it in a K configuration with the 3 point sling through a after market side loop at the back on the receiver and a fed through a rail mounted front loop. This has been fine but it's not really making use of the 3 point sling ( + the rail mount keeps un screwing and coming off )

My question is : I have a small front ring/loop installed just below the forward iron sight and wanted to get a 3 point sling that will go through the rear loop on the receiver and attach to this front loop under the sight. What size do I need ? Would an MP5 3 point sling fit / work.

thank you for your help in advance.

an Mp5 sling would probably need to use spring loop key chain thingys at the back, cos it feeds through a much wider lok than the one on a G36.

Personaly I've riged up an SA-80 sling on the loops of a holdall strap, so I can set it up on any gun in mear moments.

Saxon - what type of G36K do you have - TM, CA or Star?

At any rate, there should at least be a small loop-hole molded into the top left side of the receiver right at the rear. Then it sounds like you have one of those front sight/rail pins that has a loop-hole in it as well.

You can clip any kind of sling onto those that has a snap-hook at the ends - there are specific real-steel G36 3-point slings that you can buy, or you can use an MP5 sling, a G3 sling, or any 3-point sling with snap-hooks.

I use a Guarder 3-point tactical sling on mine and it works just fine.

Alternatively, you can buy a G&P G36K front-end that comes with a seperate sling attachment points piece (see attached photo).

I have a TM G36 with a STAR K kit. Your correct about the front sling point. The small loop at the back has a "first factory side sling swivel for g36" attached (they have them at WGC).

I'm wanting a 3 point sling that will work with these parts.

Thanks for your help so far !

The small loop at the back has a "first factory side sling swivel for g36" attached (they have them at WGC).

I'm wanting a 3 point sling that will work with these parts.

Aha, alles Klar. You may have a hard time trying to find a three point sling that fits a sling-loop at the back-end and hook-loop at the front. Could you not simply remove the sling swivel at the back? It would be more realistic that way too.

Archived