1-0 so far

horzathesecound

its not been a bad first half has it?

cracking goal by Beckham, allthough Crouch seems to be rubish at winning headers.

I think were on for a winner here, no mistake. Paraguay dotn seem able to compete.

:huh: When i looked it said "OG" by the name of the scorer.

So im assuming it's an own goal.

I just don't think Tiger Wood's Ferrari is up to scoring in this water.

:zorro:

no he was lucky it took a deflection off the side pocket otherwise he could have collapsed the whole scrum, and the wicket keeper might have been forced to declare a miss-start and reset the bar back down to 1 metre.

:)

Wow for people who don't like football you sure do post allot in football threads...

Well the reason why i daid it was Beckhams goal was because i reckon he'll try and claim it, as that was so going in.

What was Sven doing taking Owen off? Poor old Crouch was all on his own for the second half.

The Ref was pretty rubish as well, kept blowing his whistle over nothing. Wouldn't even let the players have drink.

no he was lucky it took a deflection off the side pocket otherwise he could have collapsed the whole scrum, and the wicket keeper might have been forced to declare a miss-start and reset the bar back down to 1 metre.

*contributes*

I think he could probably still get a couple of touchdowns if he gets the flyhalf to tackle the defender in the penalty box, but I don't know, I mean in this weather the court must be pretty wet. Perhaps if he overtook Michael Jordan he could come back!

Rofl.

:rofl: I can't stop laughing. 1-0 against Paraguay, and only because their defender cocked up. I cannot wait for England's next game. :D

"En-ger-land! En-ger-land!

Not quite as incompetant as Paraguay!"

I bet the Brazillians are quaking in their boots now.

I'll lay money the goal gets assigned to beckham - it would have gone in anyway.

We played really well in the first half - shame Sven made some bad tactical decisins in the second otherwise the scoreline would have been quite different....

Can we start placing bets on:

how far England will get before being knocked out?

which team will knock England out?

how many lame excuses will be made to avoid acknowledging England isn't a great footballing nation?

how many of those excuses will center on Rooney/Beckham breaking a leg/ankle/fingernail/sweat?

which newspaper will be the first to blame Sven, because it couldn't possibly be that the players available to him were *beep*?

how many England supporters will be sent home in handcuffs?

how loud most of us will laugh when all of the above happens?

Pah, Pathetic sport.

Rugby and Cricket ftw! :P

Cricket, no.

Rugby, yes.

I hate everything about football (soccer) so hey. Braindead morons getting paid more in a week than I'll get paid in my lifetime for kicking a ball at a net.

Woo-wee, great.

actually thats one of my pet peaves. its England. not EngERland its really starting to get on my wick. i don't mind people supporting england in the world cup but we want to show them at least we know how to pronounce our own country's name...

THEN stab them and burn out their cars...

pete

actually thats one of my pet peaves. its England. not EngERland its really starting to get on my wick.

I agree. Thats why we should call all of the UK 'Anglia'...again...

"England is named after the Angles (Old English genitive case, "Engla" - hence, Old English "Engla Land"), one of a number of Germanic tribes believed to have originated in Angeln in northern Germany, who settled in England in the 5th and 6th centuries. This is also the origin of its Latin name, Anglia."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England

Very profound everyone. And said many times before.

On a more interesting note, they were playing ###### before Sven started chopping and changing. Not that it helped or aything.

Supporting my belief that the manager doesn't make a difference if the players are rubbish. Kinda like calling a man a bad artist because he can't produce the Mona Lisa from a pile of pig turds.

Archived