Marui G18c AEP Stripping Guide

famman47

Wish I'd seen this before I took my Cmya 030 apart, as I'd have been much more confident of getting it back together! :lol: I found it easier to de-solder the battery wires than take the whole triggery bit out. It's only a few seconds work to replace them & shrink new tube round it afterwards. :)

Speaking of the Nineball upgrade kit, which includes a new piston, cylinder & spring, is it worth getting? Mine currently pumps out around 170fps, but has an excellent flat trajectory & range with the right amount of hop. Trouble with that though is the BBs almost float towards the "enemy", who have time for a tea break before they wander out of the way :huh:

I got my 030 for peanuts, so spending best part of £60 uprgading it to get 10fps more would be silly. If the FPS increases by a good proportion, I'll consider it.

TIA. :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

170fps is pretty low for a Cyma , they usually chrono higher than a TM , maybe you need to check the compression on the piston/cylinder.

You can drop in a nineball or deepfire power spring for £10 which should get you over 200fps (with good compression)

A bearing spring guide and full (unvented ) cylinder will help but, TBH I've spent over £100 on my TM and I cant get it over 250FPS !

even with a longer tightbore and full upgrades.

Also remember that by upping the spring, you will reduce ROF and trigger response unless you use a bigger battery (IE. the TM Prolite, or an 8.4v mini on a battery lanyard)

Jim

Archived