CIRAS

Should I get green or brown?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should I get green or brown?

• Green
    • Brown

Hey, I couldn't make up my mind, so I thought I'd ask you guys :D

I can only afford one set, but possibly be wearing 2 sets of camo (regular DPM and desert DPM) with it depending on terrain and mission types. (Though I'd think I will be in desert DPM most of the time)

Here are the photoshopped image of me wearing the vest;

desertCB.jpg

desertOD.jpg

woodlandCB.jpg

woodlandOD.jpg

If you were in my position, not having enuogh money for 2 sets of vests, which would you purchase?

I love them both...

Thanks in advance!

Shin

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but the biggest concern is which vest fits better with both BDUs, not the terrain itself. (as I would think that I will be playing at various places anyway, but don't think I'll change BDU for a while)

From what I heard, I think and agree that brown fits both BDUs better...

but looking for more votes guys :D

Yeah I just want to know which people would prefer, if they were in my situation. so all I'm looking for is their opinion :D

I am thinking of getting the Milspex CIRAS, any idea if they are the true CB? It's hard to tell from the photos (they usually aren't 100% right).

If other makes CIRAS is closer to CB (such as Phantom) I will probably get that instead, any views on this?

Colour comparison.

For the sake of completeness:

Top left to right; Desert Tri, ACU, Woodland.

Bottom left to right; Coyote Brown, Khaki Tan, OD.

Both the two bottom left are marked as CB but have different pantone numbers :) or something in article I lifted this picture from.

I have the Ciras-M, Khaki if your interested but it's part of my MC kit.

It has a little less pals space on the front but do you want pouches right under your chin?

The release pillow/handle in mounted over the throat instead of on either side.

The outer cummerbund secures separately on either side under a flap instead of going right across the body. If you have one side of the vest open there is less material & pouches to flap about.

That's it. It's just a personal taste thing, I bought a maritime 'cos I'm salty......

I'm not too keen on having too many pouches under my chin, I will probably have the admin pouch and few pistol mag pouches in front of the chest, and few M16 type mags at the front. And radio/gen pouch/SAW pouch at the sides, I'd think.

So, on land version, there are only 1 cummerbund? (I thought it was the land version that had 2 seprate cummerbund on eithersides lol)

There is nothing racist about this song. Not once does he bring up anything about skin color or other physical attributes that pertain to Arabic people.

The term hadji, is a term based off of religion. This is something that is chosen by someone, it is not something that they are born with and cannot change. Now you can still see it as prejudice, or bigotry, but considering that most of the Islamic people over there are hadjis (males mostly) its not anything more generalization stamped on a person to easily identify someone in conversation.

Definitely go with the coyote brown, its one of the “universal” shades like ranger green. It’s the only thing that fits with both uniforms, and you say you’re going with the desert most of the time anyways.

I say go for the OD based on my strange eye test to see how well it blends. Don't look at the details of anything, but instead make your eyes go out of focus while looking at the images. Green tends to blend better and seem more part of the uniform rather than a vest over top of it.

/wierd

If you only have one loadout, get OD or CB, but not khaki. Khaki goes very well with only 3 color desert. OD will go better with all types of gear, and CB will go very well with the new digital camos. As for me, I have a phantom CIRAS land in khaki. If i can do it again, CB all the way.

Keep in mind, gear made in asia run a bit small. If you are taller than 6 foot, stay away from phantom, unless they make multiple sizes now.

By the way, phantoms quality is top notch. They dont use cardura 1000 though, hence the cheap price. i cant comment on milspex, since i've never seen it or own it.

Archived