Should I get green or brown?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should I get green or brown?

• Green
    • Brown

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though I haven't got the CIRAS, I have just bought the Proud Lightweight Plate Carrier, and it's in Coyote Brown :)

After a very long time thinking (weeks), I decided to go CB because I have ACUs and Desert DPMs, and whereas CB will go with both, and any Multicam kit I may buy in the future, OD won't.

Also, I've already got tac-vests in DPM and Black to go with my normal DPM stuff, so I don't really need another vest to go with (such as OD).

Anyway, when the LPC arrives with all its pouches I'll let you know what it looks like with my Desert DPMs!

Si

After a very long time thinking (weeks), I decided to go CB because I have ACUs and Desert DPMs, and whereas CB will go with both, and any Multicam kit I may buy in the future, OD won't.

Olive Drab goes with all of those:

In the ACU's case, it's an out-dated color, but clothing gets replaced much faster than other equipment.

In the DDPM's case, it's that the OD is issued with standard DPM and you happened to have brought the OD along with you.

In the case of Multicam, well, it seems clear to me that you haven't played Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter. The CIRAS worn by Riflemen and Grenadiers are Olive Drab. And it looks just fine with Multicam, Black, OD, Khaki, Woodland, ACUPAT, Urban, Three-color Desert, &c., &c. Probably looks fine with white, too.

In the case of Multicam, well, it seems clear to me that you haven't played Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter. The CIRAS worn by Riflemen and Grenadiers are Olive Drab. And it looks just fine with Multicam, Black, OD, Khaki, Woodland, ACUPAT, Urban, Three-color Desert, &c., &c. Probably looks fine with white, too.

I could SWEAR they wear Multicam Crye Armored Chassis.

The CIRAS worn by Riflemen and Grenadiers are Olive Drab. And it looks just fine with Multicam, Black, OD, Khaki, Woodland, ACUPAT, Urban, Three-color Desert, &c., &c. Probably looks fine with white, too.

I could SWEAR they wear Multicam Crye Armored Chassis.

They wear the Crye Armor Chassis, but in single-player only.

In MP, the rifleman and grenadier classes are wearing Paraclete RAVs or RMVs (impossible to tell), not CIRASs. The Smoke Green colour and shoulder pad areas give it away more than anything, but it's definately a RAV/RMV.

Wait, a CIRAS, with DPM? WTF?! :P

I'd say get an arktis vest instead, but its up to you. The OD (green) CIRAS will be the better colour, as its not unusual to wear OD gear with desert pattern DPM, or tri-colour BDU. Plus the OD colour looks better with the woodland DPM pattern ;)

Wait, a CIRAS, with DPM? WTF?!  :P

I'd say get an arktis vest instead, but its up to you. The OD (green) CIRAS will be the better colour, as its not unusual to wear OD gear with desert pattern DPM, or tri-colour BDU. Plus the OD colour looks better with the woodland DPM pattern  ;)

Well, I'm not really going for the complete setup of whatever unit or anything... and I don't want the full british army loadout, so to make it something different...

Archived