Should I get green or brown?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should I get green or brown?

• Green
    • Brown

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While we're on the subject of using animals as inspiration for camouflage, should we run around in orange with black stripes? White with black stripes? Black with white stripes? Grey? Grey with dark brown splotches?

I don't see anyone suggesting that we do that....

While we're on the subject of using animals as inspiration for camouflage, should we run around in orange with black stripes? White with black stripes? Black with white stripes? Grey? Grey with dark brown splotches?

I don't see anyone suggesting that we do that....

You know of a gear company that makes gear in those colors? :huh::rolleyes:

Thank you for making my point. Mostly.

The point being this: Just because an animal uses it, a camouflage pattern that is the end result of millions of years of evolution, doesn't mean that it works better than any number of camouflages evolved in the mind of some poor sod somewhere over the period of a month.

For some reason, that replica "brown" Ciras looks awefully "tan", probably due to photography.

just get the brown version and roll around in dirt :P , it will look brown (or at least MJK)

Once you reach brown, it should match well with woodland or desert cammies.

Thank you for making my point. Mostly.

The point being this: Just because an animal uses it, a camouflage pattern that is the end result of millions of years of evolution, doesn't mean that it works better than any number of camouflages evolved in the mind of some poor sod somewhere over the period of a month.

Usually, it will. Survival of the fittest.

The reason why I chose Coyote is because of the versatility. It can blend in pretty well in different kinds of terrain.

Archived