WA US 9mm Mil-Spec/Black

ColDaz

I know these guns are identical performance wise, cost, etc, but is there any difference between a "WA U.S. 9mm M9 Mil-Spec" and a "WA U.S. 9mm M9 Black" apart from colour?

If there are any that is. And I'm trying to put together an SG-1 style kit, so which is actually used military wise?

Cheers for any input,

Daz

I know these guns are identical performance wise, cost, etc, but is there any difference between a "WA U.S. 9mm M9 Mil-Spec" and a "WA U.S. 9mm M9 Black" apart from colour?

If there are any that is. And I'm trying to put together an SG-1 style kit, so which is actually used military wise?

Cheers for any input,

Daz

I think the mil-spec is a military issue version while the M9 is a civilian, I could be wrong.

A little off topic, why are so many people fixated with SG-1, it's an entertaining show, but it's not that great. What do you like about it? I guess it's kind'a like my fixation with Resident Evil and my STARS kit I'm trying to get together, but, I'm just curious, so that, maybe I can like SG-1 as much as you.

I think the fascination with SG-1 stems from the fact that it's the only show on TV that combines sci-fi with such a realistic assorment of weapons, gear, and tactics. Plus, it doesn't hurt that SG-1 is probably the best cast, written, and directed, SF show in the past decade.

dirty mao's right. 92FS is civi and M92FS is military. M means military. There's actually no such thing as an "M9," we just call it that cuase we're lazy. M92 means Military 9mm 2nd model. Can't recall what FS means, though.

Also, I think the best written/casted sci-fi show in the last decade was Star Trek Voyager, but I do agree that SG-1 is well done.

Best written scifi show of the past decade was Farscape, best casted was Babylon 5, and SG-1 and SGA are just good shows that are really engrossing.

I REALLY liked Voyager, personally. Babylon 5 was well casted, but was hard for me to really get into. Farscape... yeah, that was awsome.

Anyway, at least don't tell me you guys liked the movie Stargate, right? Cause... the TV show is exponentially better.

Right...

First, SG-1 - and SGA to some extent (tbh the last 2 seasons have been rather sh** for SG-1 in these terms) - are the most realistically set and ''likely'' off all the SCI-FI shows out there. I can't get into things like Star Trek because they're just so unoriginal and unrealistic in most cases.

Granted, super soldiers remind me of power rangers and season 8 has been cr*p, but if you look at the earlier seasons, such as 1 - 6, perhaps half way through 7, it's really engrossing and entertaining. You get really into the characters and they're stories, the plots, taking real life and history into account, such as ancient aliens acting as Gods and ruling over civilisations, how real world politics would affect such a thing as a big spinny metal thing that makes wormholes allowing instantaneous travel to other planets possible etc.

Plus the characters and situations can be hilarious, putting the sarcasm and comedy real people would make in those situations, unlike, say, good old Captain Picard and crew, very serious, no real dilemma, oh no captain we'll invert the sub space harmonic resonator beam troglodite! We are superior!

No no no, not realistic, or entertaining. Case of SG-1: Ok, we have no idea what to do, dont have any guidlines for this (a la prime directive), insert sarcastic comment or joke from Jack, hey, lets blow summut up!

Or a diplomatic way around it, or amazing finds like, wow, we decended from the ancients! Sh!t, they were the ascended to a higher plane of existence guys!

Anyway, back on topic, these are both military versions, but I think one is green and one is standard black.

Archived