Update:

Talked to the guys at Echigoya about WA compatibility. Yes, the J-Armpr 1911 should be compatible with older WA Magna-tech parts and upgrades. However, SCW series upgrades won't work.

I was going to pick up a Guarder metal barrel chamber to test - but at 8000+ Yen, I think it can wait a while.

Update:

Talked to the guys at Echigoya about WA compatibility. Yes, the J-Armpr 1911 should be compatible with older WA Magna-tech parts and upgrades. However, SCW series upgrades won't work.

I was going to pick up a Guarder metal barrel chamber to test - but at 8000+ Yen, I think it can wait a while.

vatrix, does this mean, scw2 frames and slides wont work either?

because at wgc it says : system- WA SCW 3 GBB

i though that SCW 3 = the new magnatechs?

Edited by sturgis
what metal parts include in J-Armory M1911A1?

like trigger, safety, safety grip, hammer, etc, etc?

Yup :P

Alright... Seriously. metal parts consist of the following;

Trigger, safety, grip safety, hammer, slide catch, magazine release, magazine, main spring housing, recoil spring guide rod, recoil spring plunger, sights (front and back), outer barrel, barrel bushing, and misc. internal parts (including a metal frame insert).

It's actually easier just to list the non-metal parts;

Slide, frame, grips, barrel chamber, and misc. internal parts.

Edited by (V)atrix
vatrix, does this mean, scw2 frames and slides wont work either?

because at wgc it says : system- WA SCW 3 GBB

i though that SCW 3 = the new magnatechs?

I'll be honest, I stopped following all the WA hype about 3 years ago, so my first-hand info is a bit dated... I wasn't impressed with the SCW series and, at that time, I was also moving away from collectors pieces and toward skirmish guns (ones you use and abuse, that will work under most circumstances, and that you can replace without serious harm to the pocketbook).

So I'm just passing on what I've been told - and the language barrier does make full and complete explanations (and even completely accurate information) a bit difficult at times. It was my understanding that the J-Armory 1911 uses the older Magna-tech system. I was specifically told that metal kits for current production WA's would not fit, but that metal kits for older WA 1911s "should" fit.

But - quite simply - the gun is too new for most people to have tried fitting all the various aftermarket bits and bobs onto just yet. And, being in Japan, metal kits and parts are seriously over-priced - so it's not as if most the shops (or customers) here care that much about compatiblity with MBKs. Especially in something, such as the J-Armory, that is being marketed as a 'budget' pistol. To the Japanese Market, putting an MBK on the J-Armory 1911 would be like installing a jet engine on a Cessna training plane ;)

Yup  :P

Alright... Seriously. metal parts consist of the following;

Trigger, safety, grip safety, hammer, slide catch, magazine release, magazine, main spring housing, recoil spring guide rod, recoil spring plunger, sights (front and back), outer barrel, barrel bushing, and misc. internal parts (including a metal frame insert).

wow! that was really lot of metal parts, very cool! thanks for the info Matrix (sorry can't give good rep)

woo.. more preferred J-Armory M1911A1 Springfield now, rather than KSC M1911A1 :)

hope J-Armory had long/more durability if using R22 Propane Gas

hehe.. standart japanese GBB manufacture :)