My WA2000 (for anyone that hasnt seen it)

Candyman

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without wanting to just echo what others before me have said, that is a pretty tight package that you have come up with there. I have always had a soft spot for that particular rifle. I am not much of a rifle person, I have only ever owned four, but I did consider getting one of those a while back. I forget how much the one I looked at was, and I have never seen an airsoft model, so I was particularly impressed to see that you have made one that is pretty close in appearance to the rifle, and it actually fires something too! Well done, and many thanks for sharing that with everyone.

Only 76 total rifles were ever produced...

The final retail cost for a base rifle in 1988 was in the range of $9,000...

...and due to its rarity it can be worth over $75,000 to $80,000 in the open market.

*beep*. So I guess yours would be worth a good chunk of change. ;)

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

With the trucks I make, I tend to build more than one so I can keep one and sell the other(s) but the gun is such a big piece and took so long to do I dont think I could do it again, i'd get bored. Especially if it wasnt for me, i dont think i'd put the same care and effort into it.

Im going to take a break for a bit and then look at a new project, im not decided on what yet. Ive not ruled out another gun but i havnt seen anything I really like that you cant already buy of the shelf.

I hope I can inspire some of you and make you get out there and start hacking up sheet metal, have a go at the very least, if you need help or advice feel free to email me, theres a link on my site, i'll announce on there when ive decided what im doing next too.

Archived