My WA2000 (for anyone that hasnt seen it)

Candyman

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

With the trucks I make, I tend to build more than one so I can keep one and sell the other(s) but the gun is such a big piece and took so long to do I dont think I could do it again, i'd get bored. Especially if it wasnt for me, i dont think i'd put the same care and effort into it.

Im going to take a break for a bit and then look at a new project, im not decided on what yet. Ive not ruled out another gun but i havnt seen anything I really like that you cant already buy of the shelf.

I hope I can inspire some of you and make you get out there and start hacking up sheet metal, have a go at the very least, if you need help or advice feel free to email me, theres a link on my site, i'll announce on there when ive decided what im doing next too.

Out of interest mate what do you do for a living

You ought to make a PPSH-41 next.

Store the whole gas stuff in the drum mags...:P

As far as the WA2k is concerned, don't really care for them, but...nice...

*faints*

Los vídeos no trabajan. Necesitian fijan. ¡Odolé!

Out of interest mate what do you do for a living

I make ID cards......... you weren't expecting that were you? mainly computer based stuff, designing cards/ databases and printing. I dont get my hands dirty very often, unless something breaks and i have to fix it. I think if i did a job where i was making things like this all day I would want to do it in my spare time as well..... maybe.

Saw this over on ASCUK :)

Absolutely friggin' unbelievable. Beautiful gun, and looks like a really interesting project to do.

Didn't you say it was punching through both sides of cardboard boxes with ease? There you have it people, guess the FPS from that ;)

internals are Western arms pistol mated to a 650mm barrel. I dont know the fps yet.

yeh in one and out the other, and its double corrugated ;)

box.JPG

Why aren't you rich yet

LOL good question, guess my 6 numbers havn't come up yet..... maybe im just too nice? ....... maybe not. But then your "yet" does indicate I will one day, fingers crossed.

Sir, you need to be banned for posting sexual content on this site. :P

In all seriousness though, this is the best custom job I have ever seen. I personally have had a soft spot for the Walther WA2000 rifle, and now you just made me love it.

This makes me want to go downstairs into my workshop and polish up my weapon replica building skills. Or at least make my woodworking skills improve.

*gets tempted to make a GBB all wood-and-aluminum L1A1*

Candyman,

That is craftsmanship at its best. . .alot of the parts look near machine quality (not talking about tolerances either). Awesome work!!!

The WA2000 is actually a great gun to have scratch built. . overall, it's design is relatively simple. .the receiver is all planar. . the frame is just square cross sectioned tubing. .if you had access to a mill, it's very basic machining. .the only intricate part is the trigger guard/assembly.

The real craftsmanship comes in the wood parts. .again great work!!!

(Having owned the Geneth WA2000 and shot the Asahi one. . I know exactly how the gun is put together and what it takes to put one together. )

If you're ever wanting to redo the WA2000 to scale. .let me know. .I have access to some CAD drawings of it. .

my buddy makes scaled down versions of the WA2000 in .22LR. . but he's also making a full size .223 WA2000 based off dimensions he took from my Geneth WA2000.

Awesome work!!!!

[...]

If you're ever wanting to redo the WA2000 to scale. .let me know. .I have access to some CAD drawings of it. .

[...]

Any chance you could share these with us? I for one would love to see them :D

Is this undertaking recommended for married airsofters? With the mess and time spent on the gun, there has to be a bribe to the wife. LOL.

Thanks for sharing. I loved the pics. I like. I shouldn't have sold my M60. I could've put a pistol in there. LOL.

that is simply fascinating, now that makes me want to save the 70k dollars, meet the former president of Carl Walther america, and buy a real WA2000 from him, candyman you have defined perfection and patience at its best, you have become my idol for undergoing such task and making an end result that is a true masterpiece and should be displayed at a museum. my most sincere congratulations go to you and thanks for inspiring us with your genious.

the cleaner: your correct, due to the tool availible to me I have to pick and choose my projects, the WA2000 luckily for me is one such project. I'd be curious to see the dimensions you have... but then I heard from someone with asahi and geneth dimentions that they didnt quite add up to the real thing. Maybe walther were reluctant to give measurements out.

2DrO4: Camera used is a Sony p32, cheap now but i get on with them, excellent for close up pics like this.

what program did you use to draft this up? im guessing AUTOCAD?, do you have screenshots of the models

Do you mean me? I used that side on b+w pic and scaled everything from knowing the length was 905mm, I just printed it out and wrote it all on!

The rest of the finished pics:

wa213.jpg

wa215.jpg

wa217.jpg

wa221.jpg

wa223.jpg

wa226.jpg

wa225.jpg

More pics can be found Here

Archived