My WA2000 (for anyone that hasnt seen it)

Candyman

As for building another, probably not, this was 222 hours start to finish. Even at £10 an hour + materials that £2500 ish. I didnt plan to sell it or build another really, i just wanted one!

I wish I could get paid £10/hour. I consider myself lucky to have once held a job where I made $11/hour. :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

For the first time in ages I blew the dust of its case and took my gun out for an airing. Im sure it was happy to be out in the open again. The wood has lost its tackyness from the oiling and its feeling very smooth. I fired a couple of rounds through it just to make sure all was in order.

wa233.jpg

wa234.jpg

wa231.jpg

wa232.jpg

ewe, external tank, one of my hates! Im sure you can get good power but whats the point? i mean, I could probably conect my compresser to it and get 1000 fps, just have to wheel it round behind me! Just me i guess, theres something about having it all in one unit that you can handle like a real weapon.

No it doesnt, just saying, if it was co'2 powered i'd have to use those little capsules and hid it in the gun somewhere. Its like the Asahi wa2000, some chap over here has one running off an external co2 rig, makes something silly like 600 fps with the power turned up but who wants to drag a big bottle round with them?

Have you ever carried an extrernal CO2 rig with quick disconnects?

The hose doesn't hinder any weapon operation (I never got entangled in woodland ops, but in case you do, just disconnect the hose with a single move) and the weight of a 20oz CO2 bottle (strapped to a vest, carried inside a small backpack) is nothing.

As every one keeps saying very nice work, there have been 2 things that have impressed me in my life so far, one was bruce lee irl ( not really him but some guy got started on by about 10 people and well he was standing I wasnt) and your gun.

Very well done, I for one at school was rubish at DT all I could do was make ninja stars <.< So got alot of respect for what you done

I found the M4A1 custom CO2:

clicky

Those have been around here for ages - although they are very thin on the ground as NO ONE wants to play with them - they replace the cylinder head with a valve so that the piston hits it and triggers it letting out a burst of Co2. Hence the co2 upgrade is almost a straight drop-in upgrade and can use most AEG upgrades too.

Seen a custom Co2 AK upgraded in this fashion - 1200fps with a 6.03mm PSG-1 extended tightbore!

Archived