If your 'hard' enough to wall mount.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mightyjebus - For the love of god please resize.

edit:  double post.. strange how trfo2o snuck in there...

So I'll use this one to ask a different ? .

Epyon, what in the wide wide world of sports is the erector set-looking thingy on the AUG in the bottom left? :blink:

Just some aluminum brackets I had sitting around.

One day I noticed they matched the angle of the trigger guard, so I bolted 'em on.

Then I noticed I could run two more back to the magwell. Voila' bombproof Aug.

You could breach doors with this thing :D .............well probably not.

i only have my guns that i think look good on display hung. ive got plenty more just dont have a wall to mount them on.

IMG_2793.jpg

top right: TM Hi-Capa 5.1 W/ metal slide

middle left: Marushin Mauser HSC

middle right: HFC M712 W/ Wood stock

bottom: UTG shotgun with extended barrel and wood affect painting(resident evil shotgun project)

it all looks good and ill probly take off the hi-capa. but its my favorite gun and thats the only reason its up there. just doesnt go with all the wood.

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.

It's actually a replica of a US Civil War Era Confederate Naval .45.

Black powder pistol, the lever under the barrel is used to tamp the balls into the cylinders for use. Not sure of the exact designation though (I picked it up more than 10 years ago in Gettysburg PA).

Hope that helps,

I see.

It looked pretty similar to a S&W Top Break at that distance, though :)

Still, it's a very nice piece.

• 3 weeks later...

Haha! I finally put mine up. That's right, look and then go cry in front of your non cool display rack! :D

GunRack.jpg

From left to right: KJW Mk.1, WE 1911, KJW M9, TacPro Group goggles, HFC bayonet, UTG AK-47, and a TM M16 with a scope mount.

What do you guys think? It doesn't look tacky does it? I was afraid it wasn't going to look good in my study/bed/gun room, but it looks good to me now that it's up. The pistols were going to be level, but I couldn't get the damn things to stay straight without having them secure. All I need is for a chinese company to clone the Marui SPAS 12, and I'll be set.

Thanks.  It's more of a display than a place to store them.  I tried to mount the pistols straight but I used over four mounts and they still weren't secure or level.  Does anyone have any tips on how?

I mounted all of mine.........well like this (couldn't think of how to describe it)

gallery_23328_1012_39914.jpg

Dual Cyma AEP's & a Metal springer btw.

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.

It's actually a replica of a US Civil War Era Confederate Naval .45.

Black powder pistol, the lever under the barrel is used to tamp the balls into the cylinders for use. Not sure of the exact designation though (I picked it up more than 10 years ago in Gettysburg PA).

Hope that helps,

It a Colt Army not Navy and it's a .44 not .45. The lever under the barrel is called the rammer and it is used to seat the lead ball over the powder charge in the chamber.

The only style of handguns still legal in the UK, except for the large firearms, ie 12/24" inch barrel jobs.

I just got a few sheets of peg board and painted them od green. how should I mount them to my wall?

nail some pieces of 2x4 into the wall you want to mount them on then screw the pegboard onto the pieces of 2x4s..

Oh, and you do know that the paint on the pegboard will rub off on your guns eventually?

I agree with Yeager. find the studs in your wall, and secure the 2x4s to them, then secure the pegboard to the 2x4s. This will give a gap behind the pegboard for the pegs to go into.

And he's right -again- the OD paint will rub off. Your best bet at this point would be to go to a hardware store and ask for some spray sealant. Get something FLAT, not Glossy -- or any pics of the wall that you take will reflect the flash like a nova -- and spray on at least 2 or 3 coats before you hang it on the wall. Let the final coat dry for a couple of days before you hang any guns on it. Make sure its not at all tacky to the touch, or the sealant/ coating will come off on the guns.

Loving the P90 and G36C :)

Thank you kindly. I got the G36 third (or fourth) hand, and it was already like that. That thing is a pain in the *albartroth*. Shoots hard, but its real finiky. I think I need to replace the motor and the wiring. :angry:

The P90 has a story too. It WAS a TR, and the first real AEG I bought. I then bought a used red dot on Ebay, and sold this one to a buddy. He upgraded it and got it painted. I got kinda shafted on the ebay sale, the hopup unit was trashed. Coincidentally, another buddy was looking for a P90 lower for a "project." I sold him the one from ebay, and bought the TR back from my buddy, swapped the uppers during the sale, and TADA!

Is that the "Right" stock on your M4? I soooo want one of those.

Yep, I went for the Stargate SG-1 "Carter Special". I still need to chop about 2 inches off the back, but I'm trying to figure out how to do it exactly. I got it HERE. Good turnaround time, decent price. And the only place I could find it. I read all the horror stories about it, but haven't seen any evidence of problems. but it is LOUD. The gun is really loud, which I think is a combo of the stock, and the aluminum gearset. But the stock itself is pretty solid.

Edited by Downslide