gas p90tr

urbandork

It is NOT impossible. I merged a pistol's internals with an AEG. So long as you create some parts and secure the mechanism together. I put mine on a slidong rack held together with plates of aluminum, my porject is still unfinished. If you dont do an internal tank or external connection, you'll have to create a gas chamber within your mag by creating a custom one. Since it is a P90 many things are going to have to be reversed and different. Just research your possibilities alot and see different options. Contact me on AIM if you want to expand more on this.

This will be quite easy to do if you could source the internals from any of the classic MMC L85 range. The only problem you would have is compatability issues with the TM hop unit. You will have to make sure that the air nozzle on the MMC L85 internals will create a good air seal with the TM hop bucking.

Best of luck mate, sounds like a good project

regards

sadigh

modifying a ver 2 mech to fit inplace of my ver 6 mech is my key idea. reason being is the madbull set up. Im jsut waiting for them to make and electrontic trigger for it.

other then that i feel the p90 should have a whole grip of space for gas. on top of that full auto gas guns always sound nice and i wouldnt mind having that.

its either this or getting a maruzen mp5k and putting a solid stock on it, which i also have wanted to do for a long time.

But like i said im still waiting to c if mad bull will come out with a full auto trig n e time soon.

If you cant source an old toytec P90 then MMC internals as per Sadigh suggestion get my vote if you just want something thats full auto.

to get more than that from it you'ld need to design a mechanical fire select or ditch the original push valve at rear of the unit for a gas solenoid and trigger that electronically (use a one shot circuit for semi and bypass most of that circuit for auto)

a half buggered MMC unit I stripped out for testing n refurbishing

on top of that full auto gas guns always sound nice and i wouldnt mind having that.

hmm.. the MMC being an NBB (and even the madbull) wont really have that much noise versus say a full auto gas blowback like a KWC uzi or a mac 11 etc with a chunky bolt clattering back an forth

With the MMC internals Id probably go the opposite way and shove a decent suppressor onto it to make the most of the lack of noise - though thats not really an option stateside etc

Solid stock on a K? Impossible. You'll have to hack away alot of plastic to do that, even then there are no guarentees that it will fit. Anyways the Maruzen K is kick-butt considering you do the right stuff to it.

its possible and has been done twice on this forum. all u need is a steady hand and a dremel.

btw they also make a adapter plate taht goes from k type frame to regular type.

and as for getting a toytec i would never want to hack up an oldy.

unconventional-airsoft.com did a project where they converted a Maruzen MP5k into an assault rifle, the used real steel parts for most of it I think, not sure if that's what you are getting at with putting a solid stock on it, but an interesting gun nonetheless.

Gas conversions are not really all that hard, they have been doing them to 30m rifles in Japan for years. I actually had my TM based RPK running on a semi auto solemoid valve system for a while, used the gearbox contacts to activate the 'noid, and had the trigger pull cycle the tappet. Full auto would be easy if you are electronics savvy, I know that that was the issue I ran into. Anyways, here is the link to my post on CA.net. If you need any help or advice feel free to drop me a pm.

http://www.classicairsoft.net/forum1/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5637

Good Luck!

Saw that desing at the time REALLY simple and not a little ingenious :) are you still needing an auto fix for that one and (million dollar question) is the FPS its acheiving thus far worth the effort?

If it is then a tappet plate controlled by a mechanical solenoid might do the job:

pull trigger mechanical solenoid is activated and held high moving the tappet plate and nozzle forward to chamber a BB (the amount of force and travel it would need is minimal so some pretty small mechanical solenoids could be employed attached to a really cut down tappet plate)

next your gas solenoid is activated firing BB (time it takes to activate the mechanical one in first stage would dictate how much delay before that part of circuit kicks in)

gas solenoid is then set low closing gas back off

finally the mechanical solenoid then gets set low taking pressure off the tappet plate and allowing it to return to rest position/retracting the nozzle

semi goes thru that cycle once

auto repeats it till trigger is released

(semi and auto you'ld just switch in and out various parts of the control circuit)

If you'ld rather have nozzle forward on the off position, then it would just need a pull rather than push solenoid and a slight rejiggle of the order the outputs go high at

if theres enough FPS being kicked out to justify it lmk and I'll get a mate to look at the circuit needed - critical things will be size of the mechanical solenoid needed reation times and how small he can shrink the control circuit down to

Snorkelman, the fps is VERY worth it. 270 psi works out to more than an m170 spring. Currently, I am rethinking my design, and building a 555 timer board to run my second solenoid valve, which cycles the air cylinder that moves the tappet plate. This valve is a high speed unit that can cycle around 125 times a second. Once everthing is built, I will be buying a plastic gearbox AUG or XM8 to test the unit in. The theoretical rate of fire on this setup is INSANE, somewhere way upwards of 2000rpm. The coolest part though, is the sound, or lack of it. My semi auto setup is about half as loud as a stock gspec. There is literally almost no noise at all. Would make an excellent sniper setup.

sounds good if you hit any probs with the circuit just let me know, Ian usually rattles off stuff like that for me as a favour anyways (there wouldnt be any real reason it couldnt handle a second gas solenoid like you plan on using rather than one gas and one mechanical)

You might consider removing the P90 gearbox and battery compartment and sticking a full-auto gas pistol inside it, then meshing the AEG barrel with the pistol's chamber. Candyman used a similar method when building his WA2000. Only draw-backs are:

-It might be a little tricky to mount the pistol inside the P90 body

-You'd have to use the pistol mags unless you find some clever way of making the AEG mags feed into the system

-The fire selector on the pistol would have to be exposed or linked to the P90 selector in some way

-The triggers of the pistol and the P90 would need to be linked

that said, it would have awesome sound and a pretty cool recoil. I'm looking into doing something similar myself, but I'm trying to make it as easy as possible :)

EDIT: logical errors :blink:

You might consider removing the P90 gearbox and battery compartment and sticking a full-auto gas pistol inside it, then meshing the AEG barrel with the pistol's chamber. Candyman used a similar method when building his WA2000. Only draw-backs are:

-It might be a little tricky to mount the pistol inside the P90 body

-You'd have to use the pistol mags unless you find some clever way of making the AEG mags feed into the system

-The fire selector on the pistol would have to be exposed or linked to the P90 selector in some way

-The triggers of the pistol and the P90 would need to be linked

that said, it would have awesome sound and a pretty cool recoil. I'm looking into doing something similar myself, but I'm trying to make it as easy as possible :)

EDIT: logical errors  :blink:

If you choose to go that route use a Koba vp70, as the entire frame comes out of the pistol in one large functioning unit. Should work sweet!

Archived