HFC M190/M199 Takedown/Assembly Guide

Catman

i got a question..

But as i Follow your guide when i put the hammer housing and then i put the little spring that goes with the valve striker catch and when i did this the hammer got locked for some reason when i take a the spring out the hammer works fine..any way how to fix this?

Sorry didn't spot your post until now - you still having this issue? And the hammer won't move in any direction?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trigger Spring Replacements

Ok lots of people asking where to get replacement trigger springs:

You can use a real steel beretta trigger spring.

For those in the UK Airsoft Mart sell them:

http://www.airsoftmart.net/catalog/m190-sp...ing-p-1134.html

If you're in the US then you're local gun store should be able to hook you up quite easily.

I've not tried this US company but apparently they'll ship internationally:

http://www.gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/BerettaNF.html#Trigger "Stock No. 32271" is what you want.

if you know of any other places please do post them here, cheers ;)

Catman: Thank you--this guide was incredibly helpful. I've got only one question. You said, during the reassembly, to make sure that the valve striker is working properly. What does that mean? Is the valve striker supposed to move back when the hammer is cocked? Mine doesn't, and I think that may have something to do with why it does not work. When I fire, the striker does not hit the mag valve (it seemes to be striking too high). Just wondering what you meant. Thank you again for this excellent guide!

Sorry didn't spot your post until now - you still having this issue? And the hammer won't move in any direction?

now it works got helped from someone at the field, but when i reassemble i try to use it on Full Auto and it breaks the part... now i cant use Full Auto anymore... and now the gun is really hard to cock back and is hard to push the trigger.. any idea how to fix it? i dont know what is blocking the slide and make it hard to cock :(

Can somone do a quick guide on taking apart the magazine?  i have somthing loose on mine inside, and it makes some noise.  I have no clue on how to take this thing apart.

You should be able to just knock the two pins out at the bottom to remove the butt plate. To remove the valve you'll need a special tool though. I'm planning to revise the guides I've done so far to include barrel and mag assembly but it's going to be a while - I still need to finish my Glock guide (and that's proving a ~'$%!!!!!)

now it works got helped from someone at the field, but when i reassemble i try to use it on Full Auto and it breaks the part... now i cant use Full Auto anymore... and now the gun is really hard to cock back and is hard to push the trigger.. any idea how to fix it? i dont know what is blocking the slide and make it hard to cock :(

Not sure what the hell was done to it. You're not meant to rack the slide when the trigger is cocked back otherwise it runs a very good risk of breaking part of the mechanisim - I'm wondering if this is what's happened.

God, I wish I had this when I *fruitcage*ed my gun up after taking out the fire selector and everything going to hell.

I am not sure if the gun is actually broken or just needs / can be re-assembeled. But in either case I dont really want to do it myself as I KNOW I will break it and I dont want to pay someone to do it and then after paying them they just turn round and say 'Yeah is FUBAR mate'.

Not sure what the hell was done to it. You're not meant to rack the slide when the trigger is cocked back otherwise it runs a very good risk of breaking part of the mechanisim - I'm wondering if this is what's happened.

i think thats pretty much it hm.. im still trying to figure it out and gas wont come out fully, so only a little bit came out not enough to move the slide back too.. i was thinking about the hammer housing is fully setup since the firing pin is not striking the valve right

:|

Well I did this guide with the intention of being followed step-by-step or as a reference guide - I suggest that as you two guys have busted guns that you try following the guide. Don't forget you can click on the thumbnails in the posts for a larger image so you can compare what I've done.

Best of luck ;)

Happy to say thay my gun is fixed :-). The hammer spring was a little to weak, so the valve striker wasnt coming in at the correct angle to hit the valve. Just put a little bend in the spring leg to add some power, and now it works like a champ (may need a new spring soon though). Thanks for the guide catman--very helpful!

Hi Guys

Sorry about the high price but the spring is a real steel part

As such they hammer you for a lot more duty and vat

Not the normal 3% to 6% duty

And a charge for clearing the item was heavy as well

We are making very little on the spring it self

All i can say is if you don't like the price don't buy

Then start your own business and import them your self

You will then find how out little we really make

Mark

Bit of a mark up by airsoftmart there!

I keep meaning to put in a order with that US place for a load, and sell them on for a decent price. £9 is taking the ###### really.

hi, the full auto has sudenly stopped working on mine. ideas?

(i noticed someone else said about auto breaking, but unlike them, the slide and trigger work as normal)

Check that the trigger bar depressor in the slide is all there. there's a small bit that pokes out on full auto that's meant to catch the hammer sear on the slide's return to battery ;)

Hi Guys

[...]

Mark

Hey no worries I can quite imagine how the costs spiral (bad pun? :P). I think you guys are the only ones in the UK that sell it anyways.... I gotta order one off you peeps later too - that spring I put in mine ain't doing a brilliant job ;)

Check that the trigger bar depressor in the slide is all there. there's a small bit that pokes out on full auto that's meant to catch the hammer sear on the slide's return to battery ;)

im a n00b to GBB guns (ive dealt with AEGs and springers before) so im not really sure what your talking about, lol. are you talking about what looks like a small pin-like thing in the slide, just below the fire selector. i noticed when you put the fire selector on to FA it moves down a tiny bit.

another thing, the slide doesnt lock at the end of a mag (it never has done) if i put an empty mag in and rack the slide it locks. but this doesnt happen if i fire off a magazine.

im a n00b to GBB guns (ive dealt with AEGs and springers before) so im not really sure what your talking about, lol. are you talking about what looks like a small pin-like thing in the slide, just below the fire selector. i noticed when you put the fire  selector on to FA it moves down a tiny bit.

another thing, the slide doesnt lock at the end of a mag (it never has done) if i put an empty mag in and rack the slide it locks. but this doesnt happen if i fire off a magazine.

;)

this is the trigger bar depressor:

HFC_m190_057_s.jpg

The slide lock could be damaged, it should look like this: http://www.stealthstudios.co.uk/catman/m19..._m190_043_b.jpg

But it could be your magazne that's a fault

ive not had a chance to take it apart yet, but i'm pretty sure the spring in the slide lock is busted (it came like that). so if this is the case, where can i get replacement parts (or just fix if parts arent needed), how much they will cost, and how to install. (this applies to the trigger bar depressor as well)

• 1 month later...

It could be that the hammer doesn't have enough force behind it- as it's the hammer that pushes the valve striker - pull out the main spring housing and check that everything is ok there.

It could also be that the valve striker isn't set right and with the spring in the wrong place it could produce resistance to the valve striker moving. This is from another thread:

Do you have the spring from the hammer going into that little cutaway in the valve striker? That should pull the valve striker back, forcing it to point down.  When the gun is assembled you'll be able to pull the valve striker upwards and when you let go it'll spring back down.

I've just noticed that this is a bit of a bad pic: http://www.stealthstudios.co.uk/catman/m19..._m190_019_b.jpg that spring from the hammer is meant to go right into the hole.

In this pic you can just see the spring in the valve striker: http://www.stealthstudios.co.uk/catman/m19..._m190_020_b.jpg

Hope that solves the problem ;)

Archived