HFC M190/M199 Takedown/Assembly Guide

Catman

Does anyone else's trigger feel really "mushy" when they fire it. Every other GBB ive had theres a definate breaking point. With my m190 it nneds very little effort to pull it back and has a long travel before it fires. I got this second hand last week, so would you say its time for a new trigger spring?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it normal for a M190 to work in Double Action, like "shove the mag in and bang away without cocking first"?

And how seriously must I take the gun apart to respray it? That metallic grey doesn't exactly appeal to me.

• 2 months later...
Is it normal for a M190 to work in Double Action, like "shove the mag in and bang away without cocking first"?

And how seriously must I take the gun apart to respray it? That metallic grey doesn't exactly appeal to me.

Yeah its supposed to work double and single action but if you dont have a BB chambered first then the first shot will be a dry fire.

You can strip the pistol down to the frame and outer barrel in a couple of minutes so its no hassle. Its vital to strip it if you want to paint it well.

Oh and the writing on the frame at the front can be sanded out if you don't like it. :)

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi sorry to reopen this topic but I need help and this is by far the best guide I've found on this. Basically my gun won't fire full-auto anymore, regardless of the position of the fire selector it's only semi or safe. I've used this guide to break it down and the part below (as far as I know) controls whether the full auto or semi auto mode is used .....firstly am I right in that presumption?

HFC_m190_057_s.jpg

If so then here's my problem. When I re-assemble the part above back in to the slide, inc hooking it on the fire selector and put the nozzle plate back in place all is well and the small moving part (at the bottom of the pic) springs back and forth as it should. However after a few test movements (after re-assembly) with my finger the whole of the part displayed above moves position within it's groove in the slide and this causes the small spring to slip off the small moving part within above which now no longer springs back and forth. Is there anyway to fix this? I was thinking of adding a small sliver of coke can or something to jam the mechanism above tight in to the groove on the slide, has anyone any better solutions to this?

Ignore my request for help above, several hours after posting looking for help I persevered with the coke can fix on the off chance it worked and hey presto it does the job. Full Auto restored.

I've put up how I did it over on ASI and have credited Catman's great takedown guide as part of my post. Very much appreciated Catman!!

Now to work out how to fix my spare mag's gas leakage... :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

HFC_m190_057_s.jpg

hi there - i managed to fubar up my gun and using this great guide i've managed to put it back together - so a big thankyou

however i'm not sure i've put it back 100% right in respect to the above part - basically i can see very little difference in the above parts position when on semi and full - so i'm not sure if its right or not - i was wondering if anyone could post pictures of it in full and semi mode in their gun so i can have a look and check - i wont be able to test fire it until i go to a site as im out of gas :(

thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

Hey, umm, are the pictures on the first page working for anyone else, because they're not for me. I've got my gun completely disassembled and I'm replacing the trigger spring, but my guide to get the gun back together is gone now. :o Could someone just confirm that this is not just my computer?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
i got a question..

But as i Follow your guide when i put the hammer housing and then i put the little spring that goes with the valve striker catch and when i did this the hammer got locked for some reason when i take a the spring out the hammer works fine..any way how to fix this?

I have the same problem as this dude. I found out that having the valve striker spring (the piece you have to be careful not to loose by using a flathead screw driver in order to take it out) in place makes it where you can't move the hammer up or down (or however you'd like to classify the hammers movement). You can Force and you can feel like it's grinding against parts (which is no good) as long as the sear is out of the way so the hammer isn't locked. Now if you try to fire the gun you can't even if you forced it up and down... so I'm confused. If anybody can help that'd be great!

• 3 weeks later...

The valve striker in my Bell Beretta (TM clone, so damn nearly identical with HFC) doesn't pull back all the way in Double Action. Will loosening the hammer housing help in any way? When I push it with my finger while it's half-cocked, it goes back, but on its own accord, it doesn't do so. I replaced the stock hammer spring with an Action one, thinking it'll solve the problem - no go. Single action only. What else should I check?

Archived