CA AUG owners

Smith5

Ive noticed that with mine there is a slight bit of movement/play between the metal upper and plastic body of the gun. It is only about 1mm side to side, so it is very small, but it is just enough to be noticable if you rock the gun side to side.

Is it just mine, or are thay all like it?

Thanks.

Ive noticed that with mine there is a slight bit of movement/play between the metal upper and plastic body of the gun. It is only about 1mm side to side, so it is very small, but it is just enough to be noticable if you rock the gun side to side.

Is it just mine, or are thay all like it?

Thanks.

Not mine.

Any of you CA AUG owners wanna put up a review of the gun, there don't seem to be any on the internet that I can find at the moment. Pretty please?

Sure Hick, try here Search Arnies , there is another one as well.

TJ

Bear in mind that these parts are only held together by a smallish bolt - there is going to be some movement. This is the case on the real steel and, in fact, for most assault weapons.

The British SA80 wobbles and creaks alarmingly, and the top (with the barrel in in) and the bottom (trigger mechanism housing) are held together by only two small pins.

Airsoft is all about realism, and the AUG is about as realistic as it gets, close to the weight of the real steel, identical metal and plastic parts as the real one - the CA version even has the right trademarks...

• 3 weeks later...
can someone describe to me the trigger system of the AUG specificlly the fire selector? how do they 'feel' compared to say the SA80 and could they be converted to take M16 Mags?

The fire selector is built into the trigger.

on the gearbox there is a two stage switch, giving a single shot for a partial pull of the trigger and full auto fire for a complete pull of the trigger.

The mechanism on the gearbox has no detente on it but the trigger itself has one so there is a definite difference to the pull required to go FA.

Overall the TM AUG's trigger has an OK feel to it, better than most AEGs but not as good or consistent as my SP M16 or a GBB.

The bar that connects the trigger on the AUG to the switch on the gearbox is shaped to just fit around the magazine plus the shape of the mag well and the fact that the mag retaining clip is on the back of the magwell not the side of in mean that to convert an AUG to STANAG mags you would need to mod the trigger bar, mag well and all of your mags (by cutting a hole in the back of them)

Do-able but a pain.

Don't know about the CA one

Stunt

Edited for being a simple man

Archived