tiger stripe camo

boom!headshot

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally, I can contribute my two cents to this thread based on something more in the direction of facts, than being forced to rely just on my Tiger-Stripe-loving clouded mind alone. :P

Yes, today my new Tiger Stripe BDU arrived, and yes, it is the Mil-Tec reproduction, too.

Which I am sort of happy about, since I read (and saw in pictures) that this particular pattern is more brown-intensive than the original one and therefore better suited for Middle-European / temperate woodland areas.

And having the kit here, comparing to my Flecktarn trousers (not been in the field, yet), I would say it is a fair bit darker and I can imagine it indeed working quite well, especially at night. Now I'm just waiting for my next night op. ;)

Oh, and did I mention that I absolutely love it? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Do any of you guys know where to order Tiger Stripped Marine Corps Style Garrison Covers? (the 8 point style?) I spoted them a few years back in the Robert Redford / Brad Pitt CIA movie Spy Games (In the Vietnam Flashback scenes) and always thought they looked wild.

Here's my addition to the TS pRon ;):

JimiKheSahnTigers2.jpg

Mil Spec OVTS that are about a year old

I've beat on them pretty well and they seem to hold up

They are starting to fade a bit now, but that just adds to their appeal in my mind

as I like my BDU to look like some hard bitten lifer gunny has worn them on at least 4 continents :D

I love my tigerstripe, I've got the BDUs, Boonie and Bandana,

With this load out i normally sport some ALICE webbing.

Now that i've got my UZI and AK47S i like to see my load out as some kind of US CIA/DEA operative working in South America... i guess.

as promised, here is my tigerstripe kit, with my webbing. its the TRU-SPEC kti from Moore Militaria. i cant find a problem with it tbh.

DSCN2478.jpg

tigerstripe is awesome - makes for VERY good night camo aswell. the brighter streaks act like moonlight splitting onto leaves through branches and stuff.

Great Loadout. May I ask what kind of 5.56 pouches are these ? Haven´t seen those before ?

Not 5.56mm mag pouches - 30.06 BAR mag pouches.   :D

Oh... :blink: thanks JKT. Wow .... and I thought I would have seen BAR pouches before... :(

Well I know I´m getting OT but ...what kind of belt are you using ? If I remeber right they had just some tight belt loops ..does a LC1/2 fit ?

If I remember correctly; the BAR pouches are actually an integrated pouch and belt set-up (just like the M1 Garand cartridge belt) - it looks like that in the photo as well. Then it looks like he's combined that with a M1956 shoulder strap harness and an M1956 butt-pack.

what JKT said - my webbign set up is :

M44 BAR belt - 6 BAR/M14 pouches sewn onto the belt, with popper buttons.

M56 long suspenders

M56 buttpack

M1 canvas sling on the CAR-15

got an m56 compass pouch too

all kit other than the compass pouch is dated, issued stuff. i love it. it now also doubles as my G36 loadout kit - it barely holds a mag in each pocket, but its enough.

MVC-005F.jpg

For those spring/early summer days in Georgia, old school Tiger Stripe almost can't be beat. When I first started playing I went through three kinds of tiger stripe and eventually settled on the original. As we say in Dixie, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

• 5 months later...

Well, I finally bought some woodland tigerstripe trousers, which I'm happy with (though they seem to have clung onto the GZ mud rather well), and I'm thinking of picking up an MA1 flight jacket in the same scheem. And probably a shirt for over the summer.

I wear a black long-sleeved t-shirt under and have been wearing just a kinda CB fleese-type thing with it, but that'll get replaced by the jacket/shirt.

Anyway, I need some new gear, and I was thinking of going with a TT MAV in OD with pouches etc. I'm not going for a classic loadout or anything, I just like the tigerstripe pattern/colour. My question is, would this look OK? I was going to go with an OD drop leg holster and OD kneepads too.

Any feedback appreciated.

Ripstop and twill are different weaves of fabric. Ripstop has reinforcing threads through it, normally in a square arrangement, that supposedly stop rips.

They dont actually stop rips, but what it does do is encourage rips in only two directions (parallel to the reinforcement), which makes any damage "neater" easier to repair.

Dont know if theres anything special about twill though.

Some pics of my TS Setup....what's missing is the Chicom chest rig I also run for 30 round clips

It's a great set of gear for the warmer/greener months in the UK- I run an M56 webbing set in the style of 5th Special Forces, mid 1969, from pics in Shelby Stanton's book.

MACVsogattn.jpg

MACVsogpose.jpg

Here's the 'VN Boys' posing..

DSCF0710.jpg

Archived