tiger stripe camo

boom!headshot

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Tiger Stripe. ^_^

But I read it works quite well in British environments; would it be too daring to assume it would work in the lands of Flecktarn?

I mean, after all, it was designed for jungle areas, wasn't it? So how could it work reasonably well in temperate woodland? I am still a bit sceptical...

There are several types of TigerStripe. I have one set like this:

tiger.jpg

And it works quite well in almost any environment, except Spanish summer which burns anything into a brownish tan shade blah, blah (whatever the quotation about Italy says, applies in a higher degree here).

Arg so many choices! I'm tired with my DPM so I wanted to get something a little different. At first I thought I'd just go for Multicam, but now the list has expanded to include finnish M92, WW2 Splinter and now tiger stripe.

Damn you guys for giving me so much choice :P

I like Tiger Stripe. ^_^

But I read it works quite well in British environments; would it be too daring to assume it would work in the lands of Flecktarn?

I mean, after all, it was designed for jungle areas, wasn't it? So how could it work reasonably well in temperate woodland? I am still a bit sceptical...

It works really well in Montana woodland.

Of course, the only place I've had a chance to use it in is a patch of woodland that has a lot of undergrowth. Excepting the fact that the terrain is temperate, it would remind me a lot of Vietnamese jungles.

My local camouflage expert, a hunter, has pretty much iterated that the only military camouflage that he would wear would be OVTS. And that was last Fall, when everything is scorched to a toasty shade of tan.

When you say "tiger stripe" bear in mind that there are several different variations. Personally, I'd have to agree with Jagdraben that the US "Original Vietnam Tiger Stripe" (which is just the brand name of Tiger Stripe Products repro sets by the way) is very good.

In the UK, you can buy it from USMC and Soldier of Fortune (and others as well I'm sure, but those are the ones I could think of spur of the moment)....

It is quite dark though - so you might also want to look at the lighter colours of the modern Russian tiger stripe patterns.

I thank you all so far for pushing me over the edge on the Tiger Stripe side. With the images and opinions in this thread and the "Doc quits DPM" (and a bit of reading on other sites), I am quite sure the next camouflage pattern I buy will be Tiger Stripe. :P

Can anyone tell me a good place to get tigerstripe. Has to be somewhere that will ship to the UK.

Flecktarn has it, but the colours are wrong I belive. (Brown and black instead of green and black)

Thanks in advance.

i've got the set from flecktarn. from memory its black, brown and green on a tan background (not much shows tho).

the only problem is it fades in the wash.

I like Tiger Stripe. ^_^

Digital Desert is the best one that works in Arizona. ( I know we're talking about tiger stripe camo)

I love my original tiger stripe. I sat down in a bush to take a rest from running across the playing field and 5 members of the other team walked all the way around the bush stood in front of it and yelled at each other until someone finally walked across a bridge. The foliage wasn't that thick and they look in my general direction without seeing me. Although later that day my friends were in some trees and they were trying to get me up there to and we realized that OTS isn't as good as MARPAT or US woodland when it comes to temperate trees. But if you keep low they won't see anything. Which is already my playing style. I love tiger stripe camo.

Archived