tiger stripe camo

boom!headshot

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back onto the camo :P

I like tigerstripe, trouble is sometimes its great camoflague, other times you might as well be glowing purple.

If you pick the right stuff it will look both cool and effective. I would also recommend urban tigerstripe, it looks very cool.

A lot of tigerstripe camo can be found on red soldier.

The Flecky stuff is well made stiching wise, but it is a copy pattern of tigerstripe.. the colors are very dark and the stripes themselves are quite rounded, i guess you could say the material has a certain shineyness to it.. its also quite thick so would be warm in the summer

I bought the tigerstripe from Silvermans but after one wash it has faded quite drastically which i was surprised about.

tigerstripe%20copy.jpg

I know of a pattern that superior to MARPAT, Multicam, even the the cloaking device of Predator.

It's called

Norriscam aka Chuckpat :P

147467256_3f3a29a859_o.jpg

This pattern doesn't actually break up your shape or blend in with the environment, it works by scaring the *beep* out of your foes.

The only way you can get this pattern is being a disciple of Chuck.

Your foes wil be scared shitless when they see a disciple of Chuck. :P

PS.

Tiger stripe is a sexy pattern IMHO

Now I need to find a tiger stripe cover for my MICH 2000. I kinda doubt anyone makes them, so if someone has links to the MICH cover pattern and a place to buy the appropriate fabric in tiger stripe that would be much appreciated.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...igerstripe+mich

You're gonna have to trace a pattern from another MICH cover.

Here's a place to buy the fabric in the US:

http://www.vtarmynavy.com/tiger-stripe-camo-cloth.htm

or

http://www.magnafabrics.com/images/camoufl...camouflage1.htm

Full disclosure: I haven't bought from either of these places, they're just two of the only likely links I've found so far.

I hear the Flecktarn one is of bad quality - shiny material and whatnot.

Anyone with it care to elaborate?  I quite fancy some myself.

Very solid, well machined with double layers around knees, elbows and the 'seat'. However as has been said could be a bit warm as it's quite thick. Don't know if i'd say it's shiny but it certainly rustles when new.

Surprisingly the sizing was correct and it fits very nicely, unlike some of the bulle trousers i've got which have serious issues.

This is the relatively cheap version I got from flecktarn

Picture034.jpg

and this is who makes it

Picture037.jpg

Will have skirmish pics, from its first outing, up at the end of the month hopefully. The label says 'hot weather' but we shall see.

i'll get some photos of my kit tomorrow hopefully.

its the Tru-Spec kit from Moore Militaria in the USA. its very nice, high quality stuff, cost about 45 quid for the jacket, trousers and boonie.

be warned though, the sizes are quite large. im a fat ######, and ordered an XL jacket - i would have been comfortable in a L size.

Its mostly american sites that are the problem! They seem to think we all fit into Small to XXL and hardly ever give info on what those sizes actually mean. Then UK sites import stuff and I get stuck having to guess if something is gonna be the right size. MM are a good site as they tel you what the sizes mean, hopefully more (geddit?) will do the same.

as promised, here is my tigerstripe kit, with my webbing. its the TRU-SPEC kti from Moore Militaria. i cant find a problem with it tbh.

DSCN2473.jpg

DSCN2475.jpg

DSCN2478.jpg

tigerstripe is awesome - makes for VERY good night camo aswell. the brighter streaks act like moonlight splitting onto leaves through branches and stuff.

Archived