KSC Sig Pro 2340/2009

number47

I'm thinking of buying a KSC Sig Pro 2340 or 2009 but can't find any reviews for one.

I know generally KSC GBB's are well made and good quality but info on this gun is hard to find.

Has anyone bought one of these pistols and would care to share their opinions?

Good or bad - any info would be great.

Number 47

I own a sig 2009 HW and i couldn't recommend it enough.

Its extremely solid and well balanced, the realsteel trademarks are all there (cleverly the KSC logo is hidden behind the dococker), i run mine on hfc 134a mostly and abbey predator when it gets very cold and i haven't had any reliability issues thus far.

Performance is reasonable if not outstanding, though the recoil is impressively strong, which i was pleasantly surprised when i fired a few test shots at Den. There is no safety in the conventional sense on the sig pro series, only a decocker and an innovative little mechanism built into the trigger that prevents the trigger form being fully depressed if the mechanism is activated.

The problems with it are mainly that there aren't many aftermarket parts for it that are still available. I have been pestering most UK retailers for metal slides to no avail and even tried the various shops while in HK but with no success.

I have heard reports of the slide lock wearing down over time though i personally have not encountered this. Incidentally most of the forums that had topics on this flaw were American based so it may be due to use of green gas (which is much easier to obtain then HFC134a over there). Though this is purely speculation.

Overall if you are a fan of sigs, this is the one to get. i have tried various sigs by different companys and was left cold, just make sure its the HW version if you plan on buying one as the older models are quite poor in comparison.

sorry for the long post :)

PS: according to RR (Renegade Recon), KSC are going to make another production run on the sig 2340, hopefully with some tweaks too.

Hey guys,

Not intended to be flamebait, I'm of the diametrically opposite opinion of IronWolf on the SP2009 HW.

I bought one, my first KSC GBB, about two-three years ago, and was underwhelmed.

The pistol itself was toy-like, the ABS slide definitely looked plastic, and the recoil spring was so light the slide wouldn't return to battery if I released the slide stop while pointing the pistol skywards.

It was accurate but underpowered, and I wouldn't take it to a CQB skirmish but more use it to plink around the house. I couldn't get over the water-pistol-y appearance, though, so most of the time it was just lying in a drawer out of sight :P

I eventually got a Zeke slide and Hurricane valves for it, the valve came with a better recoil spring but still not good, so I ended up sticking a spring from my parts-bin there instead.

Still, I wasn't satisfied with it at all, so I put it up in a "pink-slip target shooting" and lost it, I can't say I feel sorry about that!

Some months later, I won a SP2340 Delta Custom, the ported and railed kind, but I sold it without even taking it home, because of my disappointing experience with the SP2009.

M.

Thats a pity to hear that you did not have a good experience.

Though are you sure you had the HW varient? having just aimed the gun skywards and ulocked the slide it returns back to firing position with ease, maybe you had a lemon?

...maybe you had a lemon?

Maybe... Hard for me to say, the Delta Trail limited 2340 exhibited the same weak recoil spring during the time I handled it.

Still, if that had been the only problem, it would be easy to fix, it just seemed to me that the gun wasn't worth it. It was very comfortable to grip, though!

I'm sure I had the HW version, as well, the weight was actually nice, and considering it's a polymer/nitron pistol in real-steel.

M.

edited for speling

Archived