Dude, it's Mil Sim

expvideo

So I was at a game yesterday and there was a whole group of guys in Multicam, with blackhawk vests and Tactical Tailor pouches. You know, typical geardos.

So I'm just getting ready to go out on the field and one of them tells me "Hey, you need to get a tube cover on that camelbak"

So I laugh and tell him that it's not going to matter because if they're close enough to see my tube, they can see me anyway. His responce to this is "But dude, it's mil sim."

I was rolling laughing. Which military was it that uses multicam?

So I get out on the field and we're going to flank the other team. The guys in the multicam have a digital camera out, and they're heading the wrong direction. I was following them and I asked them where they were going. To take pictures, of course. It was hillarious. "Hey let's get in formation like this and make it look like we're coming around this tree...."

I'm confused at this point... So you're avoiding the fighting so you can pose as if you were fighting? Huh?

Anyway, I just thought this was the funniest thing I've ever seen on the field. I've never known such serious geardos. It was like a team full of HaVoCs. And they were all suggesting which vest I should be wearing to complete my loadout. (FYI I don't have a loadout, I have camo that works, and gear that works. I'm not replicating anything)

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting... It all sounds a little too much like dress-up to me. Maybe like a bunch of big kids in thier expensive G.I. Joe costumes, but then again I'm about as Non-Sim as they come so maybe there's some addictive/enjoyable facet to this I'm missing?

I guess It'd be cool to gear up like a member of Fox-Hound or something, but I wouldn't be like "Dude, where's your sneaking suit?"

Would a combination work? Like "but dude, you lost the milsim war while touching yourself at night"?

There should be rules - "but its milsim!" should only be allowed after an appropriate level of discourse. It's like going straight to "your mom's a ######!" - as the ultimate trump card, there needs to be a set of rules followed (credit to gigaville)

i have a blue camelbak dube, and electrical taped it, mainly as i dont like blue. but its the same system i use when on exersise too. and nobody cares. infact geardo airsofters are the only people who seem to care :P we use entreneching tool pouches quite sucessfully for waterbottles :D british army = win. and true, multicam isnt used yet... <_<

Whats the matter with the word dude? Anyhow I have a bunch of HSGI equipment but I dont tell anyone what not to wear and what to wear because its not my place or anyones elses to tell someone what to do or wear. I actually perfer the rugged rebel, gurilla look to the all elctronically raped gear/setup I am ordering a Bosnian Jumpsuit right now that was actually used in Bosnia and has blood stains and is all rugged looking. Its very cool I might post some photos on this forum if I can get my camera to work.

why doesn't the arena hire a pro photographer or someone strap a vid cam to their goggles or helmet?

At my site we have a camera guy. He walks around going "Don't shoot!!! Camera man!" He got a nice clip of my running for cover while firing in the gerneral direction of the enemy. Once I was under cover I realized my magazine dropped out of my gun when I started to run. :( It will bring laughs for years to come.

somethings airsofters need to realise, its not a fashion show, they should see the real guys in the feild... ive seen marines useing VIPER SAAVs in iraq <_< if it works.... not looks good :)

and i had the ###### taken out of me on ex last week for wearing my nomex aviator gloves when it wasnt cold, they werent laughing when they all had sunburned hands from holding thier rifles in the bright hot sun :).

somethings airsofters need to realise, its not a fashion show, they should see the real guys in the feild... ive seen marines useing VIPER SAAVs in iraq  <_<  if it works.... not looks good :)

and i had the ###### taken out of me on ex last week for wearing my nomex aviator gloves when it wasnt cold, they werent laughing when they all had sunburned hands from holding thier rifles in the bright hot sun :).

I wear my aviators all the time, I don't like grabbing fist fulls of ticks, poison oak, and thorns when I'm playing.

Archived