Dude, it's Mil Sim

expvideo

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what cracks me up at pick up games, is all the geardos usually end up on the same side (usually older, richer, and louder type of players), and the non-geardos make up the OPFOR (alot younger, poorer, and quiet players).

I, on the other hand, can be considered a gearwhore, but these days, I don't dress up to the max, because i don't wanna stick out, and die of heat exhaustion. On the other hand, mixing and matching all my gear, works for that "i've been in in-country for the last 2 years, surviving on snakes and water, with no relief in sight" look.

"Can't we all just get along??" :P

what cracks me up at pick up games, is all the geardos usually end up on the same side (usually older, richer, and louder type of players), and the non-geardos make up the OPFOR (alot younger, poorer, and quiet players).

I don't really think that the "louder" players are necessarily the older ones. And many of the younger newbs have fairly loud mouths...

...many of which will not close. Which is totally not milsim.

We had a game where a few noisy kids gave away our position because they got bored waiting in ambush so started messing about.

Would have gotten a way with it if it hadn't been for those pesky kids.

Hey, was that Scoobysim?

I say let the geardos do what they want, it adds character to events and if i come accross some guys cutting around in helmets, body armour and full blown "i've modelled this on the delta force" rigs i'll just take greater pleasure in shooting them cos they look nice. :P

I find the arrogant 15 year olds more annoying than the geardos, the ones that have been playing for a year or so and insist on being know it alls at everything (you know the type). I feel like giving those fellows a wet slap.

Personally i wear a mish mash of kit cos i'm in the army and i dont care what i look like as long as im green :D

Darkchild

Lately i've found myself becoming a geardo, trying to get my kit to look like it belongs together.

It started happening when both my main and backup AEGs were working reliably with all the aftermarket parts that I wanted on them and all my pistols were working reasonable well. Since I wasn't dumping money into the "hardware" anymore i started looking at tactical gear. I'd imagine my story is a common one :)

When you're too old to play with GI Joe some people just decide to be a living breathing GI Joe figure. What's wrong with that .....(well probably quite a lot)

We had a game where a few noisy kids gave away our position because they got bored waiting in ambush so started messing about.

Happened at a SNAFU game too. Havoc declared that he needed a "tommy tank," i burst out laughing and started moving about and we all got slotted. Tea and medals? I think so.

Pablo i knew you knew. And in arnies terms, you knew that i knew, you knew that -  rizzo and samm probably knew also.

I knew you knew that I knew that Rizzo knew that Samm knew that you knew that I knew that you knew.

When you look at it, the word "knew" looks a bit wrong, don't you think?

Archived