Dude, it's Mil Sim

expvideo

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I was at a game yesterday and there was a whole group of guys in Multicam, with blackhawk vests and Tactical Tailor pouches.  You know, typical geardos.

So I'm just getting ready to go out on the field and one of them tells me "Hey, you need to get a tube cover on that camelbak"

So I laugh and tell him that it's not going to matter because if they're close enough to see my tube, they can see me anyway.  His responce to this is "But dude, it's mil sim."

I was rolling laughing.  Which military was it that uses multicam?

It's not called multicam, it's called AIRSOFTPAT, please get it right :P

It's called airsoftpat because only spoiled civilians like us buy it to be posers. No official military unit uses it.

And don't get me started on "well the special forces use Multicam".

I mean it's a great pattern, but it's NOT God's gift to Earth like the way most n00bs make it out to be.

Those "geardos" aren't geardos at all. BHI vests suck *albatross*. The best thing they have is those TT pouches.

Don't let those morons bother you again.

somethings airsofters need to realise, its not a fashion show, they should see the real guys in the feild... ive seen marines useing VIPER SAAVs in iraq  <_<  if it works.... not looks good :)

and i had the ###### taken out of me on ex last week for wearing my nomex aviator gloves when it wasnt cold, they werent laughing when they all had sunburned hands from holding thier rifles in the bright hot sun :).

but dude, it's milsim!

somethings airsofters need to realise, its not a fashion show, they should see the real guys in the feild... ive seen marines useing VIPER SAAVs in iraq  <_<  if it works.... not looks good :)

Lol, yeah I saw a picture in the times a while back of a chap holding an LSW and wearing. . . a Webtex vest.

OMG! It didn't cost over £100, wasn't ordered from the states and it WORKS!

awww man i hate those kinds of people they think that your only good enough to play if you have cammo. i went to play w some friends in his back yard and he invited some friends from work who were into airsoft... they were all decked out in cammo and gear but had the crappiest guns because they spent it all on gear! so when the time came i was shooting them from across the field when their shots were dropping at 20ft it was hilarious. they were ###### at me cause i had a better gun and no gear...

So I'm just getting ready to go out on the field and one of them tells me "Hey, you need to get a tube cover on that camelbak"

Regina: ...and on Mondays no sweatpants

Karen: ...On Wednesdays we wear pink!

----------

I did the opposite, when once I came across a kid who said under his breath 'Aw man' when he saw how EVERYBODY on the field wore woodland camo, while he was in dark casual clothes (the minimum required). So I told him, 'Hey, it's ok, you've got the tactical look'.

So expvideo, yeah, you've got the tactical look.

And the above paraphrased quotes are from the movie Mean Girls. Sometimes I think gearing up for airsoft is like the guy's version of dressing up the way cheerleaders and dance troupe members do--- Rah! Rah! Go MultiCam Go!

----------

See, here's a world example of the tactical look:

( From http://www.hkpro.com/hkaction4.htm )

action4santana2.jpg

The above kinda reminds me of how some of the police guys looked like when they responded to the infamous North Hollywood shootout at Bank of America about ten years ago.

The tactical hot pants guy is practically a celebrity now.

Seriously, the whole 'milsim' equipment aspect of it is... bleh. Always on every forum; "thats not what real SEALS wear..." and CIRAS, PAGST, MICH, and whatever acronyms people here just throw around, overrated.

Doesn't stop me from buying all this gear mind you... haha.

Ooo, that sounds like a good idea, I get poison ivy all the time. What am best gloves? (Not for because you touch yourself at night)

Another funny story. I asked them what gloves they were wearing. "Blackhawk" *shrugs a "duh" and rolls his eyes*... so I looked at my gloves which are the EXACT same thing (litterally) except made with nicer matterials, and way more comfortable... Wilson's Leather.. $15.

Dude, that's not Mil Sim.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

Awesome, that's my new saying for "uncool"!

"My hopup died!"

"Dude! That is not Mil Sim!"

"I'm out of ammo!"

"Dude! That is not Mil Sim!"

"I've got herpes!"

"Dude! That is NOT Mil Sim!!!"

I think I see my next loadout!

It's not called multicam, it's called AIRSOFTPAT, please get it right :P

It's called airsoftpat because only spoiled civilians like us buy it to be posers. No official military unit uses it.

And don't get me started on "well the special forces use Multicam".

I mean it's a great pattern, but it's NOT God's gift to Earth like the way most n00bs make it out to be.

Those "geardos" aren't geardos at all. BHI vests suck *albatross*. The best thing they have is those TT pouches.

Don't let those morons bother you again.

Well apperently they do use it....

Yes BHI sucks which is why Navy SEALS use it.

And show me a Marine wearing a SAAV? Seriously. Marines wear IBAs which work no reason to get a SAAV which sucks as a systems all together.

(For the record I dont own mult-cam, I own MARPAT)

MARPAT is God's gift to Earth though not multi-cam.

Personally if your loadout looks fine I have no problem its the idoits in steet clothes or hunting camo with a mag in their pocket that annoy me.

Agreed. That's why I usually bring an extra set of BDUs and a crossdraw vest to the games.

Expvideo's story about the multicam guys made me also laugh and reminded me of the plenty gear-queers we got here in HK :D.

But frankly, I guess a discussion is going on here around and about the term MilSim that is not even properly defined yet, or is it?

My two cents: MilSim and Airsoft were never really two different things for me. Isn't the REALISM of both EQUIPMENT & GAMEPLAY (the way you play) just what distinguishes it from other "wargames" or "pursuit games". I mean if it's just about shoot'em up and the more sportive part, then Paintball is a much better way to go as it's much faster and doesn't need honourable players to prevent cheating.

The paradox is that it seems that for some geardos the term "reallistic" means "overloaded with tons of things that you'll hardly use". They are more reallistic than real operators, provided that the latter usually need to be able to MOVE in order to accomplish their missions.

For me any approach it's OK as long as you don't look down on other player's attire. But deserting a game for a photo shoot session... :wide-eyed:

MARPAT is God's gift to Earth though not multi-cam.

Personally if your loadout looks fine I have no problem its the idoits in steet clothes or hunting camo with a mag in their pocket that annoy me.

Local hunter won't use stuff that isn't hunting camo on the grounds that it doesn't work well enough for him. He's also the team sniper/marksman.

And until he gets a chest rig, webbing, or a vest, he'll have to carry his spare mags in his pockets. Last game, one of our team members went to Canada with his pistol holster, so he had to run around with his M93R stuffed in his waist band.

Of course, he has much more pressing issues than Gucci camo and equipment: He has to pay for gas, car insurance, school, &c.

And show me a Marine wearing a SAAV? Seriously. Marines wear IBAs which work no reason to get a SAAV which sucks as a systems all together.

i meant a ROYAL MARINE, as sadly, we dont have the kit ;)

and what is milsim? what real militery do? in that case, bodge your gear... its what the regs do....bungees, cable ties, etc... <_<

My airsoft loadout is totally l33t and milsim, um, because its what i use with the british army... lol me loadout :P and its actually the real kit so its even l33ter!!!!1111111111 <_< yeesh, doesnt matter, marpat, cadpat, multicam and any digital still look daft if you ask me... are we hiding in a low resolution picture or what?

My two cents: MilSim and Airsoft were never really two different things for me. Isn't the REALISM of both EQUIPMENT & GAMEPLAY (the way you play) just what distinguishes it from other "wargames" or "pursuit games". I mean if it's just about shoot'em up and the more sportive part, then Paintball is a much better way to go as it's much faster and doesn't need honourable players to prevent cheating.

I have to disagree with you. I am trying to get into SWAT work. I have done some freelance bodyguarding/private investigation work (long story, not exciting like it sounds, and I never was licensed, so let's not get into that). I am not at all interested in military. I don't know how police departments are where you live, but where I live they work on tight budgets and use what works. I, in turn, use what works. A lot of my gear has been used with real weapons in real situations. If it's good enough for me in real situations, it's good enough for airsoft.

I buy middle of the road gear. It's not cheap ######. It's not Gucci kit. It's what works for me, and it works very well. However, I agree that showing up in jeans or hunting camo is not ok, and if you have something other than a rifle it needs to have a place to go besides your pocket. Other than that, I think blackhawk is a waste of money.

I'm still waiting for the mil-sim takes on movies that were spun off from Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.

So far we have Bill and ted's Bogus skirmish, And I think we need some more:

"Dude, where's my weesatch?"

"Where's your weesatch dude?"

All I can think of is:

Bill and ted's Bogus Skirmish

Dude, Where's my Weesatch

HaVoC and Gearboi go to Optactical

^_^

But, yeah, silly geardo's. I've got nothing against them, and if I had the money I'd probably buy all this nifty stuff.

But, I'm poor, and I'm good with my hands (well, to some extent), so What do i do?

I hack up some '58 webbing that I got on the cheap so that it holds what I want how I want.

Next on the block - a '58 pouch that holds 4 P90 mags with no complaint :D

Archived