Dude, it's Mil Sim

expvideo

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played a game with geardos once. At the time I was easily considered a geardo. I had about $500 in gear, 4 AEGs, and a fully upgraded sniper rifle. I had a full Russian Spetsnaz gear will relatively accurate gear (from what I know) and was only waiting on getting my AK47 turned into an AKM or AK74. I complimented them on their gear, as I do to anyone with nice gear, and one of them replied with "Thanks. Someday you'll have nice gear too. Everyone starts out with the cheap stuff."

If I didn't think it was so funny I would have been mad. My Russian kit was higher quality than most American. ESPECIALLy the BHI ######.

Yes BHI sucks which is why Navy SEALS use it.

Honestly, what are you thinking? BHI is horrible. ESPECIALLY in comparison of most of the American made gear. Well, I suppose if you enjoy cheap fabric, brittle stitching and paying more than you should then BHI is the best. There's nothing better than being in a forrest and having your stitching unravel!

aww ... i wish i where somewhere else! seems like 50 % + is geardos / "milsimmers" here in northern sweden...

personally ive abandon all cammo and gear ... its rather interesting to look like a n00b and have 7 years of airsoft experience :-P

I've done gear for a while now. In all i think i'm on my 14 set up (after having plenty of chest rigs, assault vests and webbing.) I'm now back to a standard PLCE set up...

i meant a ROYAL MARINE, as sadly, we dont have the kit

and what is milsim? what real militery do? in that case, bodge your gear... its what the regs do....bungees, cable ties, etc... 

My airsoft loadout is totally l33t and milsim, um, because its what i use with the british army... lol me loadout  and its actually the real kit so its even l33ter!!!!1111111111  yeesh, doesnt matter, marpat, cadpat, multicam and any digital still look daft if you ask me... are we hiding in a low resolution picture or what?

Aren't you hated throughout the OTC for being too airsofty?

Real SAAVs are really quite good. The viper copies just aren't made to the same quality, but they still do the job.

Wearing gear because others do is quite sad. For example some gear that's highly saught after just doesn't work for me. I'd hate to wear a CIRAS or a paraclette RAV. I don't like drop leg 6004s.... wear whats comfortable, not whats cool, whatever that may be.

are we hiding in a low resolution picture or what?

:rofl:

I replicate (mil sim) the british army circa 2002, desert DPM trousers and shirt, and woodland LBV.

I despise that LBV, its auful. you cant move in it and you cant get into the pokets properly, and when you finally pull that grenade out, you then have to CLOSE the poket..... impossible.

THAT, my friends is milsim....

i need a new vest.....

i meant a ROYAL MARINE, as sadly, we dont have the kit  ;)

and what is milsim? what real militery do? in that case, bodge your gear... its what the regs do....bungees, cable ties, etc...  <_< 

My airsoft loadout is totally l33t and milsim, um, because its what i use with the british army... lol me loadout :P and its actually the real kit so its even l33ter!!!!1111111111  <_<  yeesh, doesnt matter, marpat, cadpat, multicam and any digital still look daft if you ask me... are we hiding in a low resolution picture or what?

Exaclty the same here. Everything bit of kit I use while airsofting is exactly the same as I use in the real world. There is bodge tape ty wraps and bungees all over the place, but it works which is all that matters.

I've had my fair share of run ins with these weird gerdo types and I have a simple saying to describe them. All the gear, no idea. Suits them pretty well I think.

I've even had a guys dressed in some dodgy american stuff inform me that my OG Camelbak Thermoback is not the one used by the british forces and I should get the new DPM one. He shut up shortley after I infromed him that I've been in the british forces for 7 smegging years.

I don't know where a lot of geardos get their ideas from, but it certainly isn't the same planet I'm on. Who cares what you wear and use, it's your money do what you want with it.

I've just bought the best pair of trousers I've ever had - plenty of room (I'm a big guy), nice handy pockets, no rustling as I move, good strong fabric - all for £15 from Matalan*. They're sandy/greenish coloured, but they work okay. Now if only they did them in DPM...

*For anyone that doesn't know the name, they're a cheap and cheerful clothing retailer.

Of course, he has much more pressing issues than Gucci camo and equipment: He has to pay for gas, car insurance, school, &c.

quoted for the truth.

we dont all live at home :rolleyes:

*geardo jumps out in all his wonderfull tac gear

/my response. "dude you still live with your mum, thats not milsim"

btw i wear what works.

i like to have minimal on me. so i go out with what i need for my weapon of choice, about the only thing milsim about me is i dont use highcaps. midcaps for the 80 and standard for the gspec.

I like fine gear since I don't only use it in airsoft, but I never comment if someone shows up in a eBay special/milspex vest wearing jeans.

BHI stuff is overrated, alot of people like them because they have nice packaging and a fancy catalog. To me they are thieves, they stole designs from Eagle, TacticalTailor, SOE and others, and they stole MilitaryMorons pics for their catalog. The quality is not worth the price.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

See, here's a world example of the tactical look:

( From http://www.hkpro.com/hkaction4.htm )

action4santana2.jpg

The above kinda reminds me of how some of the police guys looked like when they responded to the infamous North Hollywood shootout at Bank of America about ten years ago.

lol, love that picture, remember seeing it many years ago on hkpro...

think the caption was something along the lines of: " true rapid response team" or something :D In your face geardos :D

actually,maybe i shouldn't talk to much, as i just started to taking a liking in nice gear after many years of just sinking airsoft tokens in the guns themselfs, though i bet my replica weesatch will looked down upon lol :P but hey, i have two TAG pouches :proud: :P

alot of the times the bodge jobs look alot more convincing then the high end stuff anyways... whens the last time you saw a 14 year old face on a bulky ciras riddled with bulking pouches, several thousand dollar gun, etc etc in a real combat situation?... some rag tag clothes and a AK however.... :P

anyways, the fact the went off on a photoshoot in the middle of a game, made me :rofl: so much :D

If you are overloading yourself with kit and empty pouches it doesn't matter if it cost $20 or $200 you are an idiot but more power to you if you are having fun.

I spend money on gear that I can use and I can afford to spend it on 'gucci' kit. That should make me a geardo (I think, who knows). I don't run about with four guns strapped to me or too much kit on. I don't mind if other people want to. This whole thread seems to have decended into mindlessly slagging off other people for enjoying something different.

Archived