British army going Molle?

WOLF_2549

Hi Everyone

This is all based on a mild reference on Soldier of Fortune's site where the last two molle pouches state

MOLLE Pistol holster. Code: AMM643

This will fit directly onto the MOLLE Ranger racks and the new British issue body armour (Osprey) Coyote brown.

£29.99

MOLLE Twin 30 rd mag pouch. Code: AMM644

Twin mag pouch for SA80 or M16 30rd magazines. These will fit onto belts or directly onto Ranger rack vest's and the latest British body armour (Osprey).

£19.99

Does anyone know anymore about this vest (Pics would be good) i've searcbed and found many references to it but as of yet failed to uncover anything concrete.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was having such a pleasant day as well.

The MOLLE pouches for the new improved/enhanced/CBA/EBA/IEBA whatever they want to call it vest are in desert DPM though at the minute.

I keep seeing MOLLE PLCE on ebay too. Double ammo pouches with MOLLE fittings. Double ammo pouches with molle loops to accept other pouches... where will it end?

Let's forget this ever happened.

There ARE temperate DPM MOLLE pouches available, but they're not MOD issue - IronClad Surplus do them :) According to an email I got from them recently, they'll also be at the War and Peace Show at Beltring on the 20th July onwards, samples only, not retail, but at least you'll be able to get an idea of what the gear is like :)

http://www.ironclad-surplus.co.uk/contenti...entID~3414.aspx

the new osprey vest is totally different to the old style EBA and the newer IEBA ( top cover armour ) - it has large US sized plates as opposed to the older "got to be a sniper to hit them " tiny plates - the kevlar inserts are also said to be lighter but offer better protection . it is issued with two PLCE /MOLLE ammo pouches that hold two mags each and removable collar and shoulder protection/sleeves.

Easy to sit here online in safety of your own home and say it's gay or bulky etc but you put your life on the line and all of a sudden - better armour and bigger plates seem like a good idea.

Personally i dissagree with wearing pouches directly on my armour and will carry on using my chest rig ( which btw is molle with dpm pouches ) over the top allowing great flexibility .

expect to see the new pattern combats trickling in now too as the new BA/LB/Bergan combination is all a part of the new issue kit !

the days of the British DPM pattern are nearly over as i said in December they will be fazing out DPM over the next 18 months

what are they getting insted

expect to see the new pattern combats trickling in now too as the new BA/LB/Bergan combination is all a part of the new issue kit !

the days of the British DPM pattern are nearly over as i said in December they will be fazing out DPM over the next 18 months

That is most odd as the goverment spent a fair bit of money updating the desert DPM last year. Why would they do that if they was going to get rid of it 2 years later?

Archived