WTB: Shotguns

UMGuy

I am interested in a shotgun. After looking at a couple of pages of the shotgun picture thread. So, which shotgun is recommended for a guy that plays a lot of woodland and maybe some cqb in the future? I want it to use shells, I want it to eject them, I want it to shoot more than 1 at a time. Any help is greatly appreciated. Pictures are welcme too.

Well, if you want a great spring shotgun, look at the Tokyo Maruis. They use shells (check), they shoot more than one BB per shot (check), they dont eject the shells (no check). Instead, the shells function like a 10-shot magazine (30 BBs in one shell, 3 BBs per shot = 10 shots). You said woodland mainly, CQB maybe, so get the SPAS-12 with a stock or the M3 Super 90 (the former has a collapsable stock, so for CQB you can make it more compact). Great, these babies. :)

If you absolutely want ejecting shells, though, you would have to get a gas shotgun. Just prepare to search for ejected shells that get lost. ;)

And make sure to pay a visit to the review section here. :)

You want something like the Maruzen M870 BV or the M1100. WGC shop sells them IIRC, but have a look around at some US shops too. They take shells that hold up to 5 bb's, and eject them after each pump. It might be worth into investing in a shell catcher too, because as Nemesis says, you will start loosing your shells. They have got a excellent power behind them and are short enough for CQB. A guy at my local CQB site had actually done a CO2 conversion on his M1100.

Thanks. Where can I get a shell catcher? I saw the TM one, but that is the only one I can find. The M1100 looks cool, does anyone have any experience with it?

Yeah I got shot with one and it *fruitcage* hurt :)

Shot shell pouch and shell catcher can be found here: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...4800_srch_shell

Okay, i am currently looking at 2 guns. But almost anything can sway me.

The Maruzen M870 Grip Version

m870gv.jpg

And

The Marushin Winchester M1887 8mm Shorty

ms_sg_m18878mm_low.jpg

Which one is the better of the 2? Any experiecne with them? Reviews, other than arnies? What stocks are available for the Maruzen M870 Grip Version? What metal repleacement parts are available for the m870? Is the full stock Marushin Winchester M1887 8mm better? And why is it the 8mm? Does it use 8mm bb's? Thanks.

There's the Tanaka 1897 Riot Shotgun if you like the historical aspect.

Yeah, I looked at it. it looks nice, but is a good shotgun? And the price is a little much for me.

i'm still waiting for a G&P shell ejecting shotgun. they're always ca870. maybe they'll do a m3 super 90 variation.

I do not like that all G&P shotguns are pump action, that they do not have shells, and that they only fire 1 at a time. If they do come out with a shell-using, 3 bb's per shot, gas operated or pump action, great shotgun let me know.

I still don;t know. I am waiting for people with more shotgun experience. I was thinking of getting the following:

Maruzen M870 Grip Version-$179

G&P Shotgun M870 Steel Folding Stock Set-$65

2X Maruzen Shot Shells for M870-$30

KM Shot Shell Pouch for M1100-$40.50

Any other recemmandations are welcome. i am not sure on that so any comments would be great, especially people with shotgun experience.

Both www.poweredgeusa.com and www.wgcshop.com has them for an affordable price. And yes, the m1100 is really ugly. I like the look of the M870 grip version. The only problem i have is the money.

I have given it some thought and started to look at the TM Super m3. Is it any good? Where is the best USA retailer to buy it from? How many shells should I get? Or what accessories?

UMGuy....I don't mean this as a slam or to not give you direct info....but do some searches. I have made comments ad nauseum on the full line of Maruzen shotguns as well as the Marushin's. There's so much info already on this site about the guns you mentioned that I just think you should start there and THEN ask more specific questions.

You can referenece my Arnie's Profile (not the one listed below) and the posts I've made, most of them have to do with gas Shotguns....

They are all very similar. They all use shells, they all have 3 barrels and they all put out around the 250fps mark stock. The only real difference is cosmetic.

You have the TM full stock M3 - the biggest of the TM shotguns. With this you can fire accurately fairly quickly as you have the stock to help with aiming.

The TM spas is a bit shorter, but does not have a stock (you can buy one seperately though) - When you pump this you tend to sway off your aim a little bit, so rapid accurate shooting is a bit more difficult than with the full stock M3. As I say however, if you found this to be a problem, then you could always buy the folding metal stock seperately.

Lastly is the TM m3 shorty - the shortest of the TM shotguns but it still packs a punch. As again it has no stock so you might go off your aim when pumping.

So really, its just your preference over cosmetics.

Ant :)

I decided to splurge and bought the Tanaka Trench Gun.

It's gas, and the shells eject, which I made a simple net catcher for them, but it was the most fun I've ever had in airsoft.

I felt so John Woo pumping it, firing it, having that gas vapor escape (doctored with a little baby powder) and the shell come popping out.

Archived