Review of Wolf Armouries and TM G36c

Purchase - TM G36C with Tightened Barrel and FPS Upgrade.

Bought from - Wolf Armouries

Cost - Including Knee Pads, Elbow Pads, 2 x large battery, 2 x hi-cap clip, face mask, charger, 3k BB's, silicon spray, battery sling, and P&P = £550.

The shop - Nice looking store, lots of gear and very well presented. The staf are more than happy for you to hold the goods to help make up your mind and will take items out of packaging whereever possible. The staff themselves were 50/50, half knew their stuff and were willing to help whilst the other half either didn't know much about anything or were unwilling to be helpful. Didn't quite get the 'so your wanting to spend over £500 with us, we'll be nice to you' feel that I was hopeing for but then I guess that much money isn't that big a deal to them. Seeing as it was their re-stock day I will give them some leyway on it. One big warning: do not expect their website to be as clear with regards to pricing as you would wish. The £125 I thought I was going to pay for my power upgrade (based on the line "Full internal upgrade (£125, inclusive of engineer's fee)" on their website) turned out to be inaccurate and the whole thing was more like £150. Still you can haggle with them if your getting lots of extras as well as the gun.Was kept relativly in the loop over how my order was doing with them being fine to accept phone calls from myself over how long it would be till my damn shootter turned up. When they finally did ship it they apologised to my profusley for not having the Elbow pads I had ordered in stock. I told them that was fine as I had already taken the pads, mask, and sling home with me so missed out the chance to rip them for £75ish of kit. Delivery - All the gear (other than one hi-cap mag) turned up safe about 2 days ahead of the original 14 day estimation. Nothing was even slightly damaged from the delivery due to the mountains of packing material they put around it all. This included the original insides of my now upgraded gun. One quick phone call to Wolf and my 2nd clip turned up the next day, with the person who left it out of the order getting a stern "you muppet!" across the store.

The Gun - Damn this thing feels gooood, smells nice out of the packaging as well. Good build quality, clear instuctions, and after a bit of light plinking in my room and back garden I was VERY happy wih my choice. Only slight downside is that there is no catch on the cocking mechanism and the hop-up is a little tricky to get to. Your either going to need three hands to adjust it with ease or a bit of sticky tape to hold the cocking handle back. Also the BBs that come with the gun are a distubring minty green, not a big issue unless you get worried by firing mints at people.

Got a bit worried when about 12 BBs got jammed in the barrel whilst I was trying to zero it on a range but that was soon solved with some liberal voiding of my warrenty and its not happened since after some liberal application of silicon spray.

Was a little disappointed on my first day of skirmishing to find out that it Chroned in at around 315FPS rathe than the 328FPS I had expected and I'm not too conviced about the value of the Tightened Barrel but other than that all is fine. The Battery sling is a good send for nice and easy battery change giving me about a 30 seconds quicker change than anyone having to open up their gun to change the batteries. Time will tell on how well the gun holds up in the long run but so far all is good. It was described as "sexy" and "the nuts" by many of the people on site so the pose factor was nice and high.

Overall - not sure if the price was the best it could be but I don't think it was the worst. Wolf staff can be a bit hit & miss but if your patient you can get what you want and the help that you need. The gun itself is great to this nooby and I would heartily advise it to anyone else who is after a G36.

I 100% agree with the staff at Wolf, they really arent the most helpful of people and generally dont actually feel like they want to sell you anything.

QFT. Most of the people who go there do so to get a feel for a particular gun before buying it from HK/another UK store...

I however have bought all my guns from there, cos my parents like a store they can go to if something goes wrong etc. and they pay the bills :P