Help with running in midcaps

ok so i bought 4 new m15 130 round midcaps for 20 quid each buy 3 get 4th free and i just cant run them in properly.

i expected them to be a bit shifty to start with but i must have put at least 600 rounds through each along with some silicone spray (not too much mind) to help the springs stop from getting stuck wedged down but to no avail

do i just need to keep on using them and after a while the springs will get a little looser and stop getting jammed?

any help/advice would be much appreciated

I usualy keep them loaded for a few days, or depending on the brand, longer, then I just use silicon like you said. I think that keeping them loaded helps wear in the spring a little bit, so in a sense it is just breaking them in.

Dont tell me...theyre G&P arent they?

If so, theres not a lot you can do. They will work brill one time, and not work the next. Also, out of my 4, 2 of them slide in and drop out when ejected of the magwell perfectly. 1 was a little tight and will only drop out of the well if the gun is tilted slightly forward...the 4th just will not bed in.

yeah good guess theyre g&p. they just need time i think

and if not im getting my money back cos theres no way im gonna *albartroth* about with mags that only work 50% of the time.

cheers for the advice punkid i was thinking of doing that and i might give it a try and the worst one and see how it goes

thanks for the advice

cheers

chris

I've got 3 myself, and came up with a solution for them -

1. Take the allen bolt out of the bottom of the mag

2. take guts out of metal mag casing

3. remove the screws from the top of the guts, and carefully open up the top of the mag. Be careful not to loose the little bb stopper and little spring that are on the top of the mag

4. remove the long spring from the mag

5. gently stretch the long spring, evenly throughout the length of the spring. You want to make it about 10% longer than it was originally.

6. put mag back together again, and apply a few drops of lube once it is fully assembled

7. done!

Now it should feed flawlessly, worked for all 3 of my G&P 130rnd midcaps :)

hope this helps

regards

sadigh

I have G&P midcaps, they work flawlessly with Excel and Q bullets. The other brands i've tried so far ( including excel .23s btw) have had less of a success rate though.

I find they work best however with TM .25s, not a single prob in 000s of rounds, through 4 different armalites.

i personaly find i get double bb jam in my G+P midcaps, i use ICS bb's.

usualy a tap on the front against the gun or my knee pad does the trick, if not a harder tap does :D

I have a CA33e and have 3 standard 57 rnd mags for it and I have the same problem for the first 5 rounds but if I drop the mag out and then put it back in it shoots fine.....

I found that my G&P's wouldn't load in the L85. They kept jamming and didn't have the guts to push .23's up into the gun. What I did was strip the mag down and file the lip around the spring guide down. I then reassembled the mag without the spring in it and fed about 15 BB's into the mag and then replaced the spring. In effect the BB's would act like a spacer and give the spring perfect tension to feed. I now have four mags of 100 instead of 130, but at least I have working mags. 100 rounds is far more useful in a firefight than nothing at all.

Archived