Which Ciras brand?

pingpong

well ive decided to buy a Ciras package. now.. ive been reading reviews and people say both of them are good. so now im wondering which brand?

Milspex or Phantom?

the only difference i know is the price. Phantim is like $30 more then milspex. so anyone know any other difference?

im aiming for the Land version.

also another question is what size to get?

im about 5"5 135-140 lbs. not fat nor skinny. nor thick. iono how to explain.. basicly i wrestled V.. so wrestler body type? athletic body type i guess.

waist: 30 inch

chest 37 inch

height: 66 inch

inseam 29 inch

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to let you know the main thing about the sizing of the CIRAS is for hard plates. Everything else is pretty much adjustable...ie height and girth. With that said if you want a usmc coyote then milspex is the way to go. If you're looknig for a generic coyote/khaki then phantom is your choice. I have the Phantom CIRAS Maritime in small and their RAV in medium. I've also tried on a real CIRAS land in medium. The most noticeable difference to me was that the medium at the shoulders was about 2" wider on each side.

Under real combat situation this is an ideal size for mass torso protection at the expense of mobility. However, since it's just airsoft I'd recommend small for increased upper body mobility. In which case Phantom is the only one that makes a small size.

Of course the real one is the best :P

There are several different shades of "coyote brown". The Milspex is supposed to be closest to USMC Coyote, while khaki has now been renamed as coyote tan.

While the many shades of coyote works with multicam. I've been told that to maintain overall effectiveness of multicam using lighter shades of coyote or the newer ranger green works best when using solid colors. Ranger green is a shade lighter then traditonal OD. It' supposed to work well with ACU's also.

The one sold at cheaperthandirt is a "generic" releaseable plate carrier and not a replica CIRAS

• 1 month later...

That eBay auction's "CIRAS" are utter ######.

Don't waste your money on that if you've got the will to spend for a Phantom or MILSPEX.

CB goes well with Multicam.

Here's a Phantom CB PC w/ Cummerband with Multicam.

IMG_6300.jpg

yea im going to settle for a Phantom Ciras in khaki.

what do u think is better tho?

Maritime or Land.

my friend has a Land version.. and there is 2 release things. one on the side (removes partial if pulled) and one near the crotch.

the maritime pulls from the neck

which is a better vest over all?

yea im going to settle for a Phantom Ciras in khaki.

what do u think is better tho?

Maritime or Land.

my friend has a Land version.. and there is 2 release things. one on the side (removes partial if pulled) and one near the crotch.

the maritime pulls from the neck

which is a better vest over all?

Land version supposedly gives you more real estate for pouches.

It's most likely down to what you like the look of more...If I was to get a CIRAS, I'd get the maritime as I like the little patch of velcro you get on the release. Perfect for a flag :D

Archived