Which Ciras brand?

pingpong

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I have read both are 1000D Cordura, the number of pouches depends on where you order it from and, I THINK, what version you get, either land version or maritime

Phantom OD

PT-CBG-CIRAS-OD-L.jpg

Milspex OD

MSPX-CBG-CIRAS-OD-L.jpg

Both pics are taken from Redwolf's site, do some google image searching to get the vests in different light, to get a better determination of which one you prefer, Although the images dont really show it I have heard that the Milspex is darker than the Phantom

I'm 6ft 2in and around 187lbs - am I going to fit in a Phantom ok?

On 1337Tacticals eBay listing it says about the medium sized Phantom CIRAS - "Medium size will fit people who is 190cm(6feet 3 inch) or shorter and 250 pound weight or lighter."

Does anyone know if thats true?

well im 5'10" and 150 lbs i have a medium and it fits pretty good on me

I'll go with phantom.

Which comes with better/more pouches?

Do either of them come with a dump pouch?

From my research it appears that there is not a lot of difference in the quality between milspex and phantom.

For the most pouches I think you either need to get a Phantom from 1337Tactical or a Milspex from RedWolf (The Phantom from Redwolf comes with less pouches).

Another thing to be aware of is that the Phantom comes with rubber plate inserts and the Milspex doesn't - I have heard they give the vest more structure so bear this in mind.

Personally I think I will be getting a Phantom Land CIRAS in OD from 1337Tactical.

For those in UK - 1337 has replied to me and confirmed that the $49.99 shipping is surface mail so takes 4-6 weeks!! If you want it quicker you're gonna have to pay an extra $30.

Dont get a knockoff. Go with an Eagle PCCB. Its so much better for a little more, do the right thing. I know you can, dont let me down.

No offence but this is a discussion about Milspex and Phantom. Some of us don't want to spend 3 or 4 times more on an Eagle. Yes we all know they are better but they cost a hell of a lot more. For some of us a replica will do exactly the same job and last plenty long enough.

Cheers

Well, I want a maritime, not land.

What pouches does the Phantom Maritime come with, and what does the milspex maritime come with?

Sorry for being such a pain :(

I am back to square one again on a decision, lol.

Also, why is it so damn hard to find a hydration system that matches the CB from the Milspex version. I was thinking about just gettin the Phantom compact hydration system off of redwolf (it seems farely close to the MilSpex colour which is weird), but again, I don't know if it will match up. I'm goin OCD over this vest! Grrr!!! >:(

Also, it has just come to my attention that there is A LOT of confusion when it comes to the sale of Phantom's "CB", for one simple reason, Phantom's CB IS NOT true Coyote Brown, although most websites claim it to be. The colour is Eagle Industries Khaki. Khaki is basically the colour that you would use for Multicam/desert setups, if you can't afford the actual pattern for your rig. This is really weird IMO, because the Marines (as far as I know) do not use multicam, and yet all the Marine CIRAS rigs are only available in OD and Khaki only.

So YES if you absolutely want CB get the Milspex CIRAS, it is as close to Eagle's CB CIRAS as you are gonna get for that price.

Well, I want a maritime, not land. 

What pouches does the Phantom Maritime come with, and what does the milspex maritime come with?

Sorry for being such a pain :(

From what I can tell the Phantom Land and Maritime from 1337Tactical come with the same pouches.

Check this link out for 1337 - its got some good pics of both Land and Maritime...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Phantom-Eagle-CIRAS-...oQQcmdZViewItem

I think the Milspex on Redwolf also comes with the same pouches. You will get less pouches if you get the Phantom from Redwolf.

No offence but this is a discussion about Milspex and Phantom.  Some of us don't want to spend 3 or 4 times more on an Eagle.  Yes we all know they are better but they cost a hell of a lot more.  For some of us a replica will do exactly the same job and last plenty long enough.

Cheers

No offence but he was suggesting the Eagle Plate Carrier w/ Cummerbund, not the CIRAS. It looks similar, carries about as much, and costs little more than the replicas. It lacks the release and some of the shoulder padding, and looks a little different (but not that much). If you're not after a pefect CIRAS replica, it's a great choice.

No offence but he was suggesting the Eagle Plate Carrier w/ Cummerbund, not the CIRAS. It looks similar, carries about as much, and costs little more than the replicas. It lacks the release and some of the shoulder padding, and looks a little different (but not that much). If you're not after a pefect CIRAS replica, it's a great choice.

havoc has spoken :wizard:

now back to what I was doing :artist:

Ah ok I see now - sorry.

Hmm you got me thinking me now!! Do I really want to spend over £100 + postage on even a replica CIRAS so I checked out a replica plate carrier....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Eagle-Molle-Plate-Ca...oQQcmdZViewItem

£87 delivered!! And you get nearly as many pouches as the CIRAS. Probably a bit more lightweight and cooler than the CIRAS maybe too.

Grrr - why can't I make up my mind!!!!

Hmm you got me thinking me now!!  Do I really want to spend over £100 + postage on even a replica CIRAS so I checked out a replica plate carrier....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Eagle-Molle-Plate-Ca...oQQcmdZViewItem

£87 delivered!!  And you get nearly as many pouches as the CIRAS.  Probably a bit more lightweight and cooler than the CIRAS maybe too.

Grrr - why can't I make up my mind!!!!

I was thinking about this one as well - I don't have a mondo size radio (or any radio for that matter <_< ) that would fit in that gargantuan radio pouch that comes with the CIRASes and I don't really have the need for the horizontal utility pouch that comes with it either. Slap on a hydro pack and you are GtG.

They want 149$ with 20$ shipping, which isnt' that bad, but I have found a MilSpex CIRAS in true CB for 169$ Both vests are very hot - decisions, decisions ;)

I was thinking about this one as well - I don't have a mondo size radio (or any radio for that matter <_< ) that would fit in that gargantuan radio pouch that comes with the CIRASes and I don't really have the need for the horizontal utility pouch that comes with it either. Slap on a hydro pack and you are GtG.

They want 149$ with 20$ shipping, which isnt' that bad, but I have found a MilSpex CIRAS in true CB for 169$ Both vests are very hot - decisions, decisions  ;)

Looks like I might have a prob as the plate carrier states it will only fit a person up to 6ft and I'm 6'2". I guess I could still go for the CIRAS and then sell the 2 extra pouches - plus you get the replica armour plates with the CIRAS.

You're right - decisions, decisions!!! <_<

Also, why is it so damn hard to find a hydration system that matches the CB from the Milspex version.

Check out redwolf, they carry a Milspex backpack/hydration carrier. Personally I prefer a simple pouch to carry my water bladder, but the milspex backpack isnt too bulky like many backpacks, and the best part is (other than Redwolf has been Out of Stock on it) is CB on the backpack and vest are exact

Check out redwolf, they carry a Milspex backpack/hydration carrier.  Personally I prefer a simple pouch to carry my water bladder, but the milspex backpack isnt too bulky like many backpacks, and the best part is (other than Redwolf has been Out of Stock on it) is CB on the backpack and vest are exact

Unfortunately I don't have the funds for that hydro pack - I was thinkin of maybe getting the Phantom compact hydration pack they have (it looks very brown, not at all like their vests - which is weird)

So why do people like the CB color on the Milspex so much? Is it the official color that the military uses? Personally Khaki looks much better in the photos.

Thats just the thing, there isn't enough picks each vest with differnt camos. What I really want to see is someone wearing the MilSpex CB CIRAS with multicam. As soon as I get my vest (still deciding <_<) I will try and post up some picks of the vest with my woodland MARPAT, Multicam, oldschool Woodlands, and my friend's desert MARPAT. I just had a game that desperately required the skyblue camo - what was good was there was also lots of cardboard/wooden boxes lying around in there too, so I think Milspex CB or Phantom's Khaki will most likely fit in nicely.

Archived