Tokyo Marui M1911-A1

I went looking for some after titlelist posted pictures of his TM m1911a1 with the gunner grips. I found they are made by strider and you can find them for about $60. here is a good deal if you have no need to order anything else from anyone (since they are $65 shipped), but I also believe that lapolicegear.com has them as well for $60.

There was also an article about the strider gunnner grips on some website (I think it was an article from Soldier Of Fortune on a webpage) and it talks about how the guy who invented/made them died in a car crash and his wife now runs the business and still sells them.

On another note, not to seem cold hearted, but it would have been a shame to lose such purtty grips (lose as in no longer made).

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went looking for some after titlelist posted pictures of his TM m1911a1 with the gunner grips. I found they are made by strider and you can find them for about $60. here is a good deal if you have no need to order anything else from anyone (since they are $65 shipped), but I also believe that lapolicegear.com has them as well for $60.

There was also an article about the strider gunnner grips on some website (I think it was an article from Soldier Of Fortune on a webpage) and it talks about how the guy who invented/made them died in a car crash and his wife now runs the business and still sells them.

On another note, not to seem cold hearted, but it would have been a shame to lose such purtty grips (lose as in no longer made).

I take the grips are drop in fit?

Seriously considering one of this now

I'm not sure if they are drop in or not. I'd shoot titleist a PM and ask him since he owns some. As titleist said before, it gets really light since you have to remove the weights from the grip to put on the gunner grips (apparently, as I don't know myself, but I’d take his word for it). I also happen to know that he's getting a PGC metal kit soon (from another topic discussing the new PGC metal kit for the TM M1911a1) so he might be able to give you some feed back on that with the grips (if you are interested) as well.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
What I wouldn't give for an affordable Stainless TLE II kit...

Are the following parts compatible between the TM Hi-Capa and M1911A1?

- trigger

- slide catch

- magazine catch

- hammer

- thumb safety

- grip safety

- hammer spring housing

I'm guessing the last two might not be compatible...

Hello everybody,

Sorry for "upping" this topic but does anyone tried to fit Trigger and/or hammer of Hi-capa on a 1911?

Thanks

P.S.: I hope that my english is not too bad :unsure:

Hi Guys, I'm posting in this thread since it seems there's a lot of experience with the TM 1911 here.

I have a problem with my TM 1911. I've just installed a PGC metal kit, and I'm having some trigger issues:

When I cycle the gun without a magazine or gas in the magazine, everything seems fine. The hammer cocks as it should, and it falls when the trigger is depressed as it's supposed to.

However, when Im firing with gas (with or without bbs), I experience the following problem: The first shot always fires off without a hitch, with the slide returning to battery and the hammer fully cocked. However, 9/10 times when I depress the trigger for subsequent shots, nothing happens. The hammer remains in the cocked position and gun does not fire. I have to jiggle the trigger around a bit until I hear/feel a distinct "click" before I can fire the gun.

Does anyone know the cause of this problem? I'd appreciate any help from someone with 1911 experience to help pinpoint the problem I'm having.

Many thanks in advance.

--Chris

The trigger, hammer, slide catch and thumb safety are compatible between the hi-capa and 1911. The grip safety needs work, but can be made to fit.

Real steel grips are close enough that they will fit snug. I've got Carbon Creation grips on my 1911 and they fit fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, solved the problem I had earlier. Looks like the leaf spring needed some tuning and the disconnector need filing. Works like a charm now.

Altho... I've developed another problem. Has anyone experienced problems with the TM using propane? I've developed a "weak shot/blowback" problem when using propane. Dousing the magazine in silicone oil seems to remedy the problem, but only for 5 or so shots. The weird thing is, my PGC kitted TM P226 has the exact same problem.

Has anyone else experienced this?

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking on one of the online stores and it listed "Hi-Flow Valve" as a modification installed on their TM 1911 along with the PGC Kit. I'm a little confused though.... the "Hi-Flow Valve", is that installed in the gun or in the gun's magazine? If it's installed in the gun then that's fine, but if it's installed in the mag... then would I have to get a Hi-Flow Valve for every mag I get for that gun!?!!

Also, the PGC outer barrel. Would you say that it's easy or difficult to install on a gun that has had the PGC slide and frame installed already?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great review! i think i have fallen in love...

a couple questions...

-do you know how the accuracy compares to the Marui Hi-Capa 5.1? is the inner barrel in the 1911 longer?

-also do you know if this gun can handle green gas?

-and do you know of a place where i can buy this gun with trades(if possible) if i live in the U.S(california) ?

thanks...

Great review! i think i have fallen in love...

a couple questions...

-do you know how the accuracy compares to the Marui Hi-Capa 5.1? is the inner barrel in the 1911 longer?

-also do you know if this gun can handle green gas?

-and do you know of a place where i can buy this gun with trades(if possible) if i live in the U.S(california) ?

thanks...

The barrel is the same length as the Hi Capa.

It will "handle" green gas stock.

Trinity Airsoft sells them with metal tape over the trades. Here.

But I would email and make sure this batch came in that way. I purchased mine from Trinity and it came with trades and the orange only on the outer barrel.

I would not recommend a high flow valve for a single stacker, because it's already tight on gas.

-Sale

damn i ordered mine already....so i dont need hf valves when instaling a guarder 1911 metal body on the marui 1911?!

will it work with the stock valves and the metal slide go all way back?

thanks

• 4 months later...