Never fired one myself, but I've heard it's set for .25'

Anyway, the Bob Chow is awsome, sadly, I don't have enough money so I'll be ordering a Wilson Combat FBI trial instead, which supposedly has the same floruwhatever coating the Bob Chow has.

• 2 weeks later...

Argh.. Just noticed that after the 200 or so shots I've taken with this gun (I've by no means abused it, or even used it that much!), that on the underside of the slide, and on the right hand side, the finish has begun to wear along the underside seamline and on the side where it is obviously wearing against the frame.

It has developed a definite sheen along the very base of the slide, a bit crummy, but I'm certain it won't get any worse.. I hope.

hbc.

Well, it really is more of a display piece, isn't it, unless you can live with the wear and tear that comes with actually shooting the gun. :) Only a metal body would have realistic (good-looking) wear and tear - except the midnight blue finish on Tanaka revolvers, which has a coat of silver paint underneath, to simulate metal when the midnight blue gets scratched. Pretty nifty, that!

in conclusion, the Bob Chow special is one hell of a nice gun, if you can afford it's $300 price tag, this is mainly a collectors piece however, I wouldn't use it in a full blown skirmish as the is no replacement parts that will work, for example, the slide stop, safety, slide, outer barrel, bushing, chamber, and frame are all a 1 of a kind, that only the Bob Chow Special has, which means if it breaks, you have to buy a new one.

Well don't say you hadn't been warned, hbc. :P But seriously, the gun belongs on a gun stand for decoration and occasional fondling - I'm not saying the gun is teh suxx, it's just too nice for shooting. :)

Sorry, my camera won't go to that resolution.

Suffice to say, yes I had been warned, but at 140 quid it's not that pricey.

I don't like buying a gun and then not using it.. I've only put ten mags through it.

If you buy a gun and never use it, there's seems to be something wrong with that picture to me :blink:

The damage ain't that bad anyway.. just shiney along the bottom seam, and a slight scuff on one side. It is something to remember.. since I'm sure WA will be using the same finish on other guns, and when buying them you have to remember that it is prone to wearing down.

Cheers, hbc.

Edited by hardboiledcop

No worries then. :) I'd shoot it too, if it was mine. If it eventually broke, THEN I'd hang it on the wall.

Though I wouldn't worry too much about parts actually breaking. I run my magna tech 1911 (which should have the same internals as all other SCW3 gunzers) only on green gas, and nothing has broken yet, except:

the thumb safety needed some modding (but it wasn't exactly broken, it would just engage while shooting);

the slide lock notch is wearing down... I guess the lightweight Magna Techs don't have much tougher slide material than the more expensive HW version slides.

And then there's the too-strong hop-up... I was gonna get that PDI barrel to fix it, but I changed my mind. It's actually really great to finally have a pistol that can lift a .43g BB in a straight line, those heavy boollets pack a much more satisfying punch than .20s and .25s. It's really a big difference. :)