new guy on the block

crazy_g1zm0

hello all an a new guy so hello am peter live in stamford near a few good airsoft places a mate of mine got me into it when he shot me with his beretta gas blowback pistol and since then have been hooked and now as i have finished my scholl for summer i am thinking of getting my own kit so am wondering what to get becasue i am clueless so any recomendations will be greatly aprechiated

hi and welcome to the forums! as for what to get, a good company to start on would be TM, or CA are even better, one thing worth realising is that to get into it properly (as in skirmishing) you will be spending LOTS of money, it may be worth checking out the sales thread here on the site, or buy new. what i would personally suggest is looking around some of the stores with larger choice, such as wolf armouries, and have a look at the guns, find one you like the look of, then go to your nearest good shop, such as airsoft armoury or airsoft scotland or wolf armouries or many others, with a rough idea of what you like, and get a feel for the guns, youll find some more comfortable than others and some really creaky etc. but youll definately either go out with a gun or a good idea of what your going to get. :)

Welcome, I'm sure you're going to love airsoft! :)

If you're short on cash, as DM said, get a Tokyo Marui, great and reliable, but if you can spend an extra $100 or so, go with Classic Army. They shoot better, and have much more metal. If you don't want to spend enourmous amounts of money on gear, just get a hi-cap mag so you don't need a LBV (Load Bearing Vest, big and heavy and expensive, but can be fun, a must have if you're milsim or like realism...). A sidearm is very unnecessary, most people rarely use them. They are more, in some peoples opinions, for fun.

:) seconded, i'd leave a sidearm for afters, unless youre weired like sledge *slap inbound i think* then leave one till after, i did and although i love my pistol, truth be told i have never HAD to use it, more just use it for fun as runner says. but i would suggest CA if you can stretch the budget a bit higher than TM as the quality on CA for most guns is noticably better. :)

Hello and Welcome to Arnies Crazy_g1zm0 :)

I don't suppose I could ask you to fill This in so that we can get to know a more miscellaneous things about you :P - Its just a bit of fun mind you :)

Not to be rude matey, but could you try and use some punctuation next time, you know, comma's and full stops etc. :unsure:

Rob

Get a TM gun, they all have basically the same stock performance so get the one you like the look of, then you will also need a set of BDUs and some form of load carrying equipment,

there are many types of camoflage availiable, so go with what you like,

some types of camo are, DPM, Flecktarn, MARPAT, CADPAT, ACU etc etc, some people like there loadout to be like a certain unit or nations army, for example, my loadout is a dutch Landmacht load out and i have the shirt, trousers, parka, fatigue hat and the ops vest, this then goes well with my aeg which is a TM M4A1 with elcan (soon to get AG36 :):) ), and i have 5 G&P thermold 130 rnd midcaps.

you dont need all that gear though, that cost me hundreds of pounds,

but say a set of flecktarn combats with shirt and trousers shouldnt cost you more than £20 a flecktarn (german army camo, verygood in british woodland) webbing set costs around £20 also, then get a cool AEG that you like the look of, you dont necissarily have to go for the G36C (the compact version of the german army assault rifle), however it is a great beginers gun because it has integrated rails for attachment of accessorys such as optics, an AG36 :) or anythin else you might like.

Get what you like the look of, both for your BDUs and your AEG

Well upon you recomendations i have looked round the net and have seen alot of nice looking bits of kit. The most frequent of which seeems to be M4 and MP5's i ahve seen lots of pics of people airsofting with these bits of kit. I like the look of the G36 series of weapons but i still have a lot of looking to do, but i ahve seen the M4's going quite cheap which worries me as i see some over 200 and some less than 100 and i am confused.

Peter

Ok dont get anythin that is below £100, in airsoft you get what you pay for, if it costs less than £100 its not worth getting, a decent M4 is about £200 for a TM, if you want a cheaper M4 then wolfarmouries have SRC m4s for £114

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...oduct&id=SRCM4P

Archived