HK 416 Finds use in Iraq.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought some of you might find this interestin'.

HK 416 used in Iraq, by the 101st airborne assault division.

CSA-2006-06-29-094002.jpg

Hi-res

hi-res

Its got an S&B short dot in a LaRue mount, Troy BUIS, SOPMOD stock, and SF scout light.

=)

The picture is too blurry to ID the BUIS.

especially the front BUIS, could be made by MI or Samson

And please do Call it a LMT Sopmod "crane" stock. :P

using the word Sopmod stock is not very specific.

As for HK416 being used in Iraq, that's only one unit probably for evaluation.

You H&K ninjas really jizz over anything my by H&K

The picture is too blurry to ID the BUIS.

especially the front BUIS, could be made by MI or Samson

And please do Call it a LMT Sopmod "crane" stock. :P

using the word Sopmod stock is not very specific.

As for HK416 being used in Iraq, that's only one unit probably for evaluation.

You H&K ninjas really jizz over anything my by H&K

First off, choke.

Second, Sopmod and Crane go hand in hand. Its called a SOPMOD Crane stock. So basically, i'll call it whatever I want thanks. It's more commonly referred to as SOPMOD by real shooters, and not people who only have experience with airsoft(you). Crane is more common terminology of airsofters. While it's not wrong, neither is Sopmod.

Third, it's not to blurry for me, maybe you need glasses. I can see it fine, thanks.

Edited by bigphish038

Calm down, Turbo.

For Hojo's sake, the man was making light, as indicated by the smilie.

Your reaction is completely uncalled for. I'd neg rep you for it. (If I hadn't already neg repped you for the 'Humor' thread.) And I don't neg rep or pos rep lightly, boyo.

First off, choke.

Second, Sopmod and Crane go hand in hand. Its called a SOPMOD Crane stock. So basically, i'll call it whatever I want thanks. It's more commonly referred to as SOPMOD by real shooters, and not people who only have experience with airsoft(you). Crane is more common terminology of airsofters. While it's not wrong, neither is Sopmod.

Third, it's not to blurry for me, maybe you need glasses. I can see it fine, thanks.

Yes, I know it's commonly referred to as THE "Sopmod" stock, but for the sake of clarification in a airsoft forum.

I should rephrase as LMT Sopmod stock.

I have seen too many airsofters throw the term sopmod stock around way too much, sometimes they mean the Crane stock, others they might refer to the G&G replica ACE "meat tenderizer" stock.

And please don't jump to conclusion that I only have experience with airsoft.

As for taking off one of my reputation points, I could care less, since you can't seem to take a little joke.

So hard feelings alright?

Edited by boosterboy

The shoulder pads looks CIRAS-like, which is what I first thought. You can see the sort of 'tunnel' that the pad fits through, then the pad itself. The back-panel does look a little odd but that black line may be caused by other things, I suppose.

Regardless H&K fanboys are creaming themselves while the rest of the world rolls its eyes. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that they refine the product down to the point of excellence, then jack the price up so high per unit that no one could give a rat's *albatross* about the gun anymore. Happened before, will happen again.

As you can tell I'm not a fan of H&K as a company. Met them before, found their service to be awful on a scale I've never seen before.

Regardless H&K fanboys are creaming themselves while the rest of the world rolls its eyes. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that they refine the product down to the point of excellence, then jack the price up so high per unit that no one could give a rat's *albatross* about the gun anymore. Happened before, will happen again.

As you can tell I'm not a fan of H&K as a company. Met them before, found their service to be awful on a scale I've never seen before.

Soo true. The guns may be good, but everything else sucks *albatross*, starting with prices, there is no such thing as a LE discount when buying less than 500pieces...

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

DOUBLE TRUE man

I've heard rumors of hardcore H&K fans paying 3000 USD for the HK416D uppers.

I'm don't bash H&K weapons at all, I just think that American weapons don't get the credit they deserve. I have nothing against the term "German engineered" but American Engineered is right up there with them.

H&K mania (the civilian version of it) is helped by movies and video games.

Also, that's not the 101st.

If you notice, that patch is on the guy's right arm. That means, that the 101st was his first unit that he was engaged in combat with. If you'll note, no one else in that picture has the 101st on their arm.

Also, I don't even think that the 101st is in Iraq. Isn't it the 4ID and 1MEF?