HK 416 Finds use in Iraq.

It's called Project Constellation, the new rocket's are called Ares I and Ares V. It's based on the Apollo program along with the STS(Space Shuttle) program. It's crew quarters can be re-used up to 10 times, they'll use it as a ferry to the ISS and to go to the moon by 2020 and hopefully Mars.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/explorat...main/index.html

lol wtf

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An overly-expensive rifle firing a ballistically inferior round?

Wait until they come up with something firing 6.5mm MPC or 6.5mm Grendal.

I smell a 77 grain 5.56 vs 6.8 SPC vs 6.5 Grendel argument about to erupt.

I'm a 77 grain 5.56 fan myself cause.

I was gonna buy a 6.8 upper for my other build but 6.8 Ammo is scarce.

6.5 is made for long range shooting, but was tested for CQB and the balistics were really good. The 6.8 SPC has better balistics closer ranges but long to intermediate ranges it can't even compare to a 6.5 round. Just look at the most recent tests done between 6.5 grendal/MPC, 6.8 SPC, 5.56mm in tactical magazines such as S.W.A.T, Special Weapons, and surfire's new COMBAT TACTICS. All of these have the latest updates and reviews on ammunition, small arms, vehicles, optics, suppressors, etc.

Edited by trfo2o
  • 3 weeks later...
It looks like the Mich markings are for the 187th 3rd BCT 101st.  The guy with the HK is probably an "Airforce Joint Tactical Air Controller"  Hence no ACH markings and Non standard gear.  Let alone just a plate carrier.

I don't think he is American. From what I can see the patch is green and I don't know of any patches that color.

If he is CCT, he would probably put on the Flag to blend in, but it looks like he may have his own countries flag.

Edited by Nodbugger
That is an the Folage Green IR Reflective Flag.

Then it inst centered or is too small. You can clearly see the Velcro on the side, the flag patches are the only patches that are supposed to go on that piece of Velcro. Meaning he either crappily put it on, which is doubtful the guys around him are wearing the flag, and you can clearly see no Velcro. Plus they make a special color patch that fits in with the ACU. Which I assume is what you are talking about, and that definitely isn't it.

ACU patch, the one that is sold as foliage green.

P_17595374_1472172.JPG

That isn't even the color of the subdued patches.

That is a bright green patch.

I have narrowed it down to a crappy subdued patch, a non American patch, or something else. definitely isn't the foliage green, definitely isn't the regular American flag.

Either way he obviously isn't a regular guy and he isn't normally with these guys.

I don't think he is American. From what I can see the patch is green and I don't know of any patches that color.

STFU Noob. Please. No other country would be (nor is) allowed to wear the ACU. Why? They have their own camo.

What it looks like is the little bit of fabric that he folded up there.

STFU Noob.  Please.  No other country would be (nor is) allowed to wear the ACU.  Why?  They have their own camo.

What it looks like is the little bit of fabric that he folded up there.

Yes, other countries in combat zones when deployed with American units will wear what they wear. Unless they want to stick out like sore thumbs. Countries do it all the time. They send soldiers to other countries to train with foreign militaries. To think some country didn't ask to have a few soldier deployed to Ira is insane. Did you there are Canadians soldiers in Iraq? Canada said they won't send troops to Iraq, but they are there along side American troops. Along with many other countries.

It is completely possible he is not an America.

Yes, other countries in combat zones when deployed with American units will wear what they wear. Unless they want to stick out like sore thumbs. Countries do it all the time. They send soldiers to other countries to train with foreign militaries. To think some country didn't ask to have a few soldier deployed to Ira is insane. Did you there are Canadians soldiers in Iraq? Canada said they won't send troops to Iraq, but they are there along side American troops. Along with many other countries.

It is completely possible he is not an America.

It's only when you're send into combat that you'd wear the camouflage of your allies. If it's 'just' for training, then you'd wear your native camo and they'd wear theirs. That's why the JSDF wear their Fleckie when in the US, Marines wear MARPAT when in Japan, Brits wear DPM in Canada, and Germans their Fleckie in Canada and the US.

Then it inst centered or is too small. You can clearly see the Velcro on the side, the flag patches are the only patches that are supposed to go on that piece of Velcro. Meaning he either crappily put it on, which is doubtful the guys around him are wearing the flag, and you can clearly see no Velcro. Plus they make a special color patch that fits in with the ACU. Which I assume is what you are talking about, and that definitely isn't it.

ACU patch, the one that is sold as foliage green.

*snip*

That isn't even the color of the subdued patches.

That is a bright green patch.

I have narrowed it down to a crappy subdued patch, a non American patch, or something else. definitely isn't the foliage green, definitely isn't the regular American flag.

Either way he obviously isn't a regular guy and he isn't normally with these guys.

As able95 said before, it's a foliage green IR reflective US flag. Key word here being "reflective" meaning that it will look light green when looked at a certain angle with light on it.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

That is definitely a special guy.

Special Vest

Special Pouches

Special NVG Mount

Special Velcro in Helmet and BDU

Special Gun

Special Scope

Special IR Laser Pointer

What else did we miss. Too bad he is out of focus.

The guy with the 416 is a lawyer with lots of nice toys.

The pic was taken in the US.

:P

It's only when you're send into combat that you'd wear the camouflage of your allies. If it's 'just' for training, then you'd wear your native camo and they'd wear theirs. That's why the JSDF wear their Fleckie when in the US, Marines wear MARPAT when in Japan, Brits wear DPM in Canada, and Germans their Fleckie in Canada and the US.

I have to disagree with this. I have seen Foreign soldier's (non NATO) in the US wearing our uniforms. There name is the same but the branch tag usually states what country they are from. Along with Rank on the left pocket for easy identification for us. Not all countries do this.

In combat you represent your country not, the country your visiting. I could be possible the US Military style of uniform is that countries uniform also.

My vote is that the guy is a USAFSOC CCT embedded with the 101'st. With what do I support this claim?

-irregular more elite gear

-no 101'st patch

-rare weapon

-ACU (it's called not standing out)

Cheers,

Mike

My vote is that the guy is a USAFSOC CCT embedded with the 101'st. With what do I support this claim?

-irregular more elite gear

-no 101'st patch

-rare weapon

-ACU (it's called not standing out)

Cheers,

Mike

No. [read a couple posts up.]

The guy is a lawyer with lots of very nice toys, and this pic was taken in the US.

Edited by thatguy

thatguy - As in the chap from LF on the thread on this very same photo? Dude... sarcasm!!!

It's a photo from the official US Army website also and not that many units are using the 416 to general knowledge. Guess who?

Edited by Chimpy