HK 416 Finds use in Iraq.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they aren't normally that bright of a green.

Dood really you need to research more. The IR US flag is a much brighter green than normal. Also as far as ACU wearing, USAF as well as USN were and are authorized to wear the ACU when working with the army. I have the USN ACU service ID tape to prove it. They chap in the photo is most liekly not regualr Army or forces, I would agree that he is most likely USAFSOC of some sort or Army SF. Hell he could possibly be a Delta operator..who knows. The only fact here is the likely hood of him being a foreign national is low, And someone mentioned the Canadians..yeah they are there, and in Asscrackerstan. And they were wearing the fricking CADPAT woody BDU's. Now they have Arid, but why in God's name would Canadian forces or any other wear our uniform? I readily admit I might be wrong and I am not boots on ground in the box right now so I am not THE authority, but I am AD and know a little bit.

Go back to the lab young one and read a book, it will help out..ohh..and have a goodun-

Dood really you need to research more. The IR US flag is a much brighter green than normal. Also as far as ACU wearing, USAF as well as USN were and are authorized to wear the ACU when working with the army. I have the USN ACU service ID tape to prove it. They chap in the photo is most liekly not regualr Army or forces, I would agree that he is most likely USAFSOC of some sort or Army SF. Hell he could possibly be a Delta operator..who knows. The only fact here is the likely hood of him being a foreign national is low, And someone mentioned the Canadians..yeah they are there, and in Asscrackerstan. And they were wearing the fricking CADPAT woody BDU's. Now they have Arid, but why in God's name would Canadian forces or any other wear our uniform?  I readily admit I might be wrong and I am not boots on ground in the box right now so I am not THE authority, but I am AD and know a little bit.

Go back to the lab young one and read a book, it will help out..ohh..and have a goodun-

A Canadian would wear a different uniform because their government has publicly said they won't send troops to Iraq.

And no, the IR flag is not brighter green, I have one on several uniforms.

I have to disagree with this.  I have seen Foreign soldier's (non NATO) in the US wearing our uniforms.  There name is the same but the branch tag usually states what country they are from.  Along with Rank on the left pocket for easy identification for us.  Not all countries do this. 

At NORAD, the Canadian airmen wear Canadian uniforms.

I have seen German soldiers in Canada wearing Flecktarn.

In one of this Summer's Special Weapons for Military and Law Enforcement magazines there is a picture of a German MP in Arizona wearing Tropentarn.

If you go to YouTube.com, you can find pictures of JGSDF troops training for MOUT in the US under USA instructors wearing Woodland while the JGSDF wear Nihontarn.

If you guys read the article posted in the hkpro.com link in my post above, you'll see that they state the following:

"As this is being written I have learned that all the US Military’s top special operations units in JSOC will be fielding the HK416 as their primary carbine. All the key Units in JSOC chose the HK416 in preference to the current M4 and the FN SCAR Light which is still in development for the rest of SOCOM. It is very satisfying to me that units that could field any carbine they want choose the HK416. This tells me we have done our job, and have done it well."

Most likely, the individual in question is indeed some sort of special operator, or possibly some sort of evaluator (testing the weapon in combat situations).

My guess is as good as any, though... ;)

now, to correct the people who make false claims about selling their "H&K m4" or HK416 in the Arnie's swap meet. <_<

You guys know what I'm talking about, the people who think that by slapping on a Hurricane HK416D metal body kit with a damn A3 upper receiver, they magically get a "HK416" :waggle:

or the ones who like to argue that it HAS to have the H&K trades, even if it's not he correct H&K free float rails+H&K upper+H&K piston assembly.

I can't even convince them that the real steel version only needs the H&K upper to be considered a HK416. :(

Edited by boosterboy
now, to correct the people who make false claims about selling their "H&K m4" or HK416 in the Arnie's swap meet. <_<

You guys know what I'm talking about, the people who think that by slapping on a Hurricane HK416D metal body kit with a damn A3 upper receiver, they magically get a "HK416"  :waggle:

or the ones who like to argue that it  HAS to have the H&K trades, even if it's not he correct H&K free float rails+H&K upper+H&K piston assembly.

I can't even convince them that the real steel version only needs the H&K upper to be considered a HK416. :(

The only changes the are internals and a new magazine. So yes, it is all upper receiver. The external changes can be done to a regular m4.

At NORAD, the Canadian airmen wear Canadian uniforms.

I have seen German soldiers in Canada wearing Flecktarn.

In one of this Summer's Special Weapons for Military and Law Enforcement magazines there is a picture of a German MP in Arizona wearing Tropentarn.

If you go to YouTube.com, you can find pictures of JGSDF troops training for MOUT in the US under USA instructors wearing Woodland while the JGSDF wear Nihontarn.

Again If you saw the the other then NATO which all countries mentioned are. Alot of 3rd world countries will use US uniforms while training while in the US. No Regular unit will wear another countries uniform in combat.

Also Canadians are not in Iraq no matter what uniform they wear. Unless they are a member of the United States Military.

Also Canadians are not in Iraq no matter what uniform they wear.  Unless they are a member of the United States Military.

Tell the Canadian prime minister that!

http://www.cbc.ca/story/news/national/2003...iers030327.html

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?s_name=&no_ads

http://auto_sol.tao.ca/node/view/2119

Well, I don't think you'd see the regular forces from two different nations involved in the same operations. Maybe one nation's regulars with anothers special forces, or specops with specops, but no reg-on-reg action.

Yes, you would in fact it is the most common thing you will see because well you won't see or hear about the Special Operations stuff. The regular stuff goes on all the time, you don't think England and Australia operate all their own military bases in Iraq do you?