HK 416 Finds use in Iraq.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I like a lot of H&Ks products, but lately they've been churning out ###### in the hopes of getting a government pork barrel contract.

Well, I'd say they succeeded, since they are now the official supplier of weapons to the Department of Homeland Security (including the Coast Guard. Which means no more AUGs for them).

Well, I'd say they succeeded, since they are now the official supplier of weapons to the Department of Homeland Security (including the Coast Guard. Which means no more AUGs for them).

Offloading old stock to the coast guard does not equal new government contract to produce new guns, a la what the XM8 and 29 were supposed to accomplish.

This thread is neat...we have:

- HK416 = expensive fanboy gun

- RS enthusiasts debating on German vs. American gun engineering

- geardos solving mystery of the day

- pics of evil space monkey defenders wielding HK416

Most excellent!

I for one don't think the cost justifies the product in this case.  But I guess when you're defending the explorers of the only frontier left of humankind, you just have to be stylish while doing it.

Now all we need is to argue about is Creationism and homosexual behavior and we would be just like ar15.com!! :P

Edited by boosterboy

Ya if you guys want you should order or subscribe to SPECIAL WEAPONS. The reason is because they give great in depth coverage of the latest of the greatest from all the major gun manufactures and after market stuff manufactures. Anyways.....

In the latest issue they talk about the HK 416s. The author writes:

"With my HK 416 I have yet to clean my gas piston or any part of the system in over 5,000 rounds." That's really impressive I think.

" With Hornady 75 grain HP I got repeated 5 shot groups of less than 2 inches, fired in a rapid manner. Other test procedures by US government organizations have confirmed that the HK 416s are extremely accurate."

Now on the opposite page shows the authors HK with 10" barrel on top of the target he shot at that got those under 2'' groupings....at a 100 yards away it says. Very impressive.

It's also combat proven and has already been adopted by the top US military operation groups, "the best of the best" he writes.

READ THIS STRIKING PIECE OF NEWS THOUGH

"A rumor from Colt Defense is that a new 5.56 NATO is about to hit the market, the M5, which is a gas piston version of the M4. So, where there is smoke, there may be fire-or a gas piston." Very interesting news.

I give credit to the author whos name is Ken Hackathorn.

I think an HK 416 made for SSK 6.5 MPC rounds would make the ultimate rifle PERIOD

It's called Project Constellation, the new rocket's are called Ares I and Ares V. It's based on the Apollo program along with the STS(Space Shuttle) program. It's crew quarters can be re-used up to 10 times, they'll use it as a ferry to the ISS and to go to the moon by 2020 and hopefully Mars.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/explorat...main/index.html

Funny to see that the name of the project is "Ares"...the Greek God of War.

Its just a re-hash of the Apollo program, with all the advances in technology I would have thought that they'd come up with something better. Eh, go with what works I guess.

Back On Topic: Does the DHS contract out to those guys packing the HK416? I'd assume that they're Blackwater USA or someone similar.