M203's and other launchers. Do you use them?

LoneWolf

How practical are airsoft grenade launchers?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. How practical are airsoft grenade launchers?

• Not at all
    • Sometimes practical
    • Very!

I was wondering, alot of people have M203's or other gas grenade launchers, but did you mount them on for looks or because they are useful? How practical are they really?

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

I like them because they're pretty good for ambushes and double up as an emergency back up :)

Great at scaring people :P But it's the grenade that makes it - there's some 'meh' ones out there. Ideal for short ranges really - all depends on the load really. Madbull make the best apparently, they do CO2 capable grenades too.

i put a gp30 on my slr for looks and practicallity.

they are not as practical as you might think is what i found but sometimes are very good at keeping peoples heads down so when they duck down u can be ready to shoot at there heads when they pop back up again

i would get a m203 for my m15cqb but im not too keen on the ris versions as theres no such thing in reality and plus on the cqb cos the barrel isnt long enough for the front mount it looks likes its hanging off kinda

imo theres hardly any point using anything other than madbulls

cheers

chris

I dont use them and from what Ive seen they look to have very poor range and appear to be practically useless outside an 18' square room.

I was thinking of getting one for my A2 just for looks...but decided a bipod would be a far more useful underbarrel gidget.

I use my ag36 only at Close range, and not as much as I would like to due to lack of shells, but I am getting the new g&p 4 pack from Ehobby aisa soon so I think that will change. They provide an excellent punch in close quaters, if you enter a room and pop of one of these, it can be very effective.

Cheers.

Used to have an M79 and an Smokey's AG36, frankly they're useful in SOME situations but the grenades, even the good ones are still extremely touchy and hard to maintain, seriously those little ball bearings in the grenades are pure evil!

Again I'd say it's 80 percent cosmetic, 20 percent useful, and even then it's only very rare that it's that effective.

newbkiller - the problem is this:

The BBs only go about 20ft anyway from all the ones Ive seen so unless the enemy is in a small room its not so useful. Remember you cant really blindfire so you still have to stick your head out to fire. And unless your site counts ricochets as hits, a lot of people think they have been ricochet'd so dont call themselves out.

Ive seen a guy who had one of the rotary launchers empty all 6 into a small room and angry at having no kills. Turns out hed hit about 4 at least, but they didnt know it - they just thought it was massed AEG fire.

I have an M203 ris on my ICS M4 RIS which i've had for a year now, and tbh, i've only used it in combat twice! However, when you do use them, they're absofruitcaginglutely awesome and when you don't use them, they add a sweet intimidation factor to your weapon as well :D

(STORY....)

I do a lot of milsim and in one of our games, myself and the rest of my team were a downed helicopter crew armed with whatever we wanted except primary weapons. The idea was for the terrorist team to capture us and our cargo. If caught the could search us and deactivate our weapons, however when they did eventually catch us they only deactivated the weapons they could see (sidearms/bfg) and didn't bother to search us which was their biggest mistake because i had my M203 in my backpack!!! So they're walking us to wherever they have been told to and we waited for them to all be in a close group, the bloke behind me pulls out my 203 and POOOOM! 165 rounds takes out 5 of them in 1 shot and their 6th and final guy was taken out with a concealed pistol!

So even though I don't use it a lot, when it does get used, it's well worth it especially when you see the look on their faces when they realise that they had been soooo stupid and didn't search us!

As well as that, there are 2 bad points. The grenades themselves need A LOT of love and attention and WILL let you down if you don't. Although I've heard that Madbull grenades are the way forwards because they are more powerful and reliable. 2nd bad point is that a full metal M203 (like the G&P one) will add considerable weight to your weapon.

Basically what I'm saying is that if you want it, can afford it, are willing to maintain it, and are strong enough to carry it around all day under your rifle, then get it. If not, save up your pennies, learn how to maintain it, and get stronger!

i think it depends on how much balls you have.

if you have the skill, ability and the balls to get close enough to use them on people, use it every time.

i watched my brother go into a building with his M79 and a spare shell, leaving his M14 outside.

POP - OOWWWWW *beep* BLOODY HELL

5 'dead' enemy come out

POP - OWWW YOU *fruitcage* NUTTER

4 more come out, followed by my brother strolling out with the objective in his hand.

To state the obvious: the less rounds in the grenade the further they go. The 18 round grenades have the most range. They go from 18 rounds upto the 204 round mark where they get nicknamed "bb shower".

They're not long range devices and need to be used carefully. The CO2 capable madbull one apparently has really good range and spits out 204 rounds.

You can get a few grenades which are hop-up capable but these require modifications to the launcher which needs the hop-up chamber installed. Barrel Set, 18 rnd grenade. However you might have trouble sourcing those.

Some of the mosquito molds grenades claim to be hop-upped, this is because they have a large rubber o-ring going around the top of the BB chambers this is mainly to keep the BBs falling out but also doubles up as a fixed type of hop-up - not sure about other makes but others I've seen like ANGS ones have seperate o-rings for each chamber. You can see the large o-ring in the Mosquito Molds version here (photo of the mini-grenade as used in the PEQ launcher):

mini-grenade-hop-up-rubbers.jpg

The smallest and probably most practical (without being too heavy and messing around with your gun) is the PEQ-II launcher from Mosquito Molds:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...CF0210_srch_PEQ

edited: typo; had 240 instead of 204

What about the balance of the gun, do you find having the 203 on the front makes it very front heavy and harder to aim?

Not unless the person uses it is puny and has weak girl arms. lol :D

I find them useful to a degree, id say 50% of the time when i was using a 203 on my M4 , it was just there for show.

I remember one game at black ops tactical site where at the time i was crouched next to a tree and some idiot popped up with the biggest G36 in the world with a nade launcher with his bright tactical light switched on, then firing his grenade off only to have a cloud of smoke get blown out and several hundred bbs land about a metre away from me.

After he shot that, he just stood there looking at me.

Shaking my head in disgust i lit the guy up. I find using gas shells are better in close quaters.

I have a CA AG36 mounted on my CA36/K.

The shell, a G&P, worked only once of the two times I used it. And the first time I had to trigger it with my pinky. But it did hit the guy I was aiming at, who was standing about twenty yards away - ten times.

But the noise it makes is fantastic. :D

To state the obvious: the less rounds in the grenade the further they go.  The 18 round grenades have the most range.  They go from 18 rounds upto the 204 round mark where they get nicknamed "bb shower".

They're not long range devices and need to be used carefully.  The CO2 capable madbull one apparently has really good range and spits out 204 rounds.

You can get a few grenades which are hop-up capable but these require modifications to the launcher which needs the hop-up chamber installed.  Barrel Set, 18 rnd grenade.  However you might have trouble sourcing those.

Some of the mosquito molds grenades claim to be hop-upped, this is because they have a large rubber o-ring going around the top of the BB chambers this is mainly to keep the BBs falling out but also doubles up as a fixed type of hop-up - not sure about other makes but others I've seen like ANGS ones have seperate o-rings for each chamber.  You can see the large o-ring in the Mosquito Molds version here (photo of the mini-grenade as used in the PEQ launcher):

mini-grenade-hop-up-rubbers.jpg

The smallest and probably most practical (without being too heavy and messing around with your gun) is the PEQ-II launcher from Mosquito Molds:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...CF0210_srch_PEQ

edited: typo; had 240 instead of 204

any idea on the range of 18rds nade?

Archived