Anyone ever seen a sr-47 cqbr

christhesecond

I never quite saw the visual appeal of the SR-47. In RL - fine (if it acutally exists!?!) you can use 7.62 ammo with available magazines in a nice gun (M4 / M16 variants).

But in airsoft? There's no real advantage other than larger hi-caps - and you get left with a butt-ugly money-hole.

CC

I'd remove the Armalite variant and restore the Kalashnikov variant. Simple, cheaper, and more effective. And probably more reliable.

So just another AK?

I'm impartial between AK and M4, but the SR47 is definatly more individual then the AK, which near enough everybody at the local skirmish site has.

Yes, it is rare and unique, I'll grant it that...

The way I see it - if you want to slap a gun that fires E. Bloc ammo, don't use an Armalite as the base.

If what you want is to stand out? Sure, buy one of these ugly beasts (or, better yet, buy an SG550/SG551, build a G3A3 or a G3A4, make a FAMAS G2, use an Uzi, so on so forth).

well the whole reason i started this thread is cos i happen to really love the look of sr-47's and i have recently bought a ca cqbr so i was just wondering

it looks ok in that photo shopped pic but i think i would obviously move the foregrip further foreward and also give it a crane stock and an aimpoint. maybe with a qd silencer.

i know a lot of people hate sr-47s and thats fair enough but like i said i love em

i think its cos i have an slr and a cqbr

will probably end up buying a sr-47 kit before the year is out but i dont know whether to get something like a ca m15a4 rifle to base it on

any photoshops attempts at the previous pic with an aimpoint, a silencer, i crane stock and maybe see if an m203 would fit without being to close to the mag would earn a +1 too.

cheers

chris

There's something you should keep in mind if you're thinking of using the SR47 kit on an CA M15 CQB or one of their other rail system equipped M15 models. Basically, the M15 flat top receiver's rail hight is about 1 mm too high compared to realsteel and any other airsoft armalite receiver. This resulted in the rail system's top rail not lining up with the flat top receiver. To 'correct' this (and I use 'correct' loosely here) CA elected to increase the rail hight of the rail system's top rail. This 'correction' went into production starting with the CQB, with the RIS and SPC close behind. Result? If you use a non-M15 body with the stock rail system from a recent M15, the rail system's top rail height will be 1 mm too high.

An idea, if you're actually going to do this, would be to use one of those AK Beta mags in it. (you know, the shorter ones) Might not look quite as hideous.

Edit: Well, it ain't pretty, I'll tell you right now. (Not in my opinion anyways)

ugly.jpg

There is no SR-47 CQB variant. From what I've read, there were only like 6 SR-47 built by KAC. Most likely these were used by US Navy SEALs in the cave of Astan.

If you want an SR-47 CQB, you could always buy the kit and then get a CQBR kit like the G&P one. It would be expensive, but doable.

In regard to the fore grip, yes the are an issue with the SR-47. On mine, I stopped using a fore grip because it need to be mount very far out and wasn't too comfortable.

I'd remove the Armalite variant and restore the Kalashnikov variant. Simple, cheaper, and more effective. And probably more reliable.

I don't agree. Armalite parts are more readily available, so you'd pick them up cheaper as there's always second hand stuff about. Also, sureley reliablility would be down to the internals used, and not what type of reciever used?

Archived