Eagle CIRAS Review

Titleist

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

titleist and havoc: awesome vests guys, this was actually just the sort of review i was wondering the interweb looking for

probably looking to get one of the maritime versions in black, does anyone know of a brand that does these? i spotted some on Redwolf a while ago but going back they don't seem to be there anymore

cheers

sean

My CIRAS came suprising early, it was supposed to come in 2-3 months, but this dude got a large, but it didn't fit him, so he returned it. So the place where I order it from contact me and ask me if I wanted it and I said yes and they gave me a 5% discount.

Looks cool, I friggin HATE malice clips, I used to like them but unless you have a knife (don't even say it, HaVoC) it's a pain to thread or release them once they've been locked.

Amen. Malice clips are such a pain to do, and you sit there, wondering if you're going to break off the tip of your Emerson CQC7, just so you can undo a pouch.

Happy birthday, Titleist. Since others are wishing you a happy birthday on your unbirthday, I figured I'd join in.

Amen.  Malice clips are such a pain to do, and you sit there, wondering if you're going to break off the tip of your Emerson CQC7, just so you can undo a pouch. 

Happy birthday, Titleist.  Since others are wishing you a happy birthday on your unbirthday, I figured I'd join in.

I swore I saw a 7, not a 27 on his profile, unless he changed it.

two weeks from today, lol. What sucks is my company does these online events for AMD every two months, and my birthday falls 2-3 days before it launches, which means a late night, so I don't get to do anything for my b-day. LAME 'O!

Amen.  Malice clips are such a pain to do, and you sit there, wondering if you're going to break off the tip of your Emerson CQC7, just so you can undo a pouch. 

Puny humans! :P

I got a Eagle LE vest today. I know that some differences between this and the Ciras-M have been noted before but I'll just add a note here if that's okay.

1) The shoulder straps are simply adjusted by undoing the pads and pull down on (or loosening) the ends of the straps that run through a buckle on in the rear of the vest. Much easier than the releasable version adjustment & allows for a more custom fit.

2) There is a slot on the bottom edge of the back panel instead of a flap opening. This gives access to the cummerbund adjustments. The outer one joins together with a lacing system similar to that found on the side some assault vests. The inner one is tightened with a pair of tapes that run through ladder locks.

I've not weighed them but the LE vest feels lighter. It is also less bulky as there are not the multiple release tapes running across each other inside the back panel.

If you don't need the quick ditch option it's definitely worth a look & it's a few bucks cheaper too. :)

Great review, Titleist. I've been trying to order this for so long, but the vest is always backordered. I finally got a maritime in khaki ordered today. I'm crossing my fingers it fits. I ordered a small. I'm somewhat tall (6'0"), but only weigh 150 with long legs and a shortish torso. If I can't adjust it to fit, I'll sob, send it back, and wait for a medium to come into stock.

Archived