Eagle CIRAS Review

Titleist

LAND VERSION:

Ciras_04.jpg

MARITIME VERSION:

IMG_2997%20copy.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LAND VERSION:

Ciras_05.jpg

MARITIME VERSION:

IMG_2984%20copy.jpg

Currently on my vest, I have:

2x BHI Double Mag Pouches, OD

2x Paraclete 'Double' (Single) Mag Pouches, OD

1x HSGI Double Pistol Mag Pouch, OD

1x Paraclete Signal Pouch, Woodland

1x BHI Strobe/Compass Pouch, OD

1x Maxpedition Rollypoly Dump Pouch, OD

1x Tactical Tailor Medical Pouch, OD

1x TT Hydration Carrier, OD

1x TT Small Radio Pouch, OD

And that should do it :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Land has the release points at the bottom of the front panel, and at either side (you choose which side). The Maritime has the release at the top of the front panel, below your chin.

The Land has more room for pouches due to the outer cummerbund, but is bulkier and harder to don and doff.

That's about it, really.

HaVoC, awesome job, this just took my review and elevated it and made it into a review that comprises both vests.

And I agree, the Land is a bit harder to get on, hence why I leave one side of the cumberbund attached and just slip it on/off sideways, redudes the amount of stuff that has to be lined up.

Awesome, +1 from me.

Excellent info here guys.

If any of you can answer my questions I would very much appreciate it.

1. What are the colour differences between standard Khaki and Coyote Brown and could someone post a side by side colour comparison if possible even if its other kit?

2. On Titleist's land version there appears to be more molle rows on the side if you subtract eight from the front and eight from the back. I calculate, using Havoc's and Titleist samples, that the land version has eight rows on the side and the maritime has six rows. This could also be due to sizing i.e. Titleist has a bigger size. Please confirm.

3. Why on the land version front side panels is there molle strips? What purpose do they serve when they get covered by the rear side panels? It would make more sense to either leave them plain, velcroed or do away with the front side panels entirely, unless they hold side armour. It seems that the panels on the land version could slop around.

4. What size would you recommend for someone who is 185cm tall and has a chest size of 97cm?

Cheers in advance.

1. What are the colour differences between standard Khaki and Coyote Brown and could someone post a side by side colour comparison if possible even if its other kit?

2. On Titleist's land version there appears to be more molle rows on the side if you subtract eight from the front and eight from the back. I calculate, using Havoc's and Titleist samples, that the land version has eight rows on the side and the maritime has six rows. This could also be due to sizing i.e. Titleist has a bigger size. Please confirm.

3. Why on the land version front side panels is there molle strips? What purpose do they serve when they get covered by the rear side panels? It would make more sense to either leave them plain, velcroed or do away with the front side panels entirely, unless they hold side armour. It seems that the panels on the land version could slop around.

4. What size would you recommend for someone who is 185cm tall and has a chest size of 97cm?

1 - CB tends to be a bit darker. No direct comparison photo but I'm sure someone has one.

2 - There's an overlap on the Land, which allows you to put some pouches (e.g. magazine shingles) on the inside of the outer cummerbund, then have other pouches on the outside of it, effectively layering them. I'd imagine it'd be really bulky, but the option is there.

The Maritime only has 4 loops on each side, suprisingly, but it's plenty for me.

3 - Not quite sure what you mean, but I'm guessing you mean the overlap I mentioned above :)

4 - No idea on this, sorry. A Medium will probably be fine, since it's quite adjustable. As a rule of thumb, go for your BDU size for the 'right' size as thought of by Eagle.

At least I didn't spend $300 on a knive!!! :D

My sister payed $150 of the CIRAS b/c that's how much she owed me. :)

Oh f*** off, you :P

Actually, I'd rather spend $300 on a tool that'll last me a lifetime than $500 on a vest I'll pretty much only use for airsofting. It makes sense when you look at it that way ;)

Oh f*** off, you :P

Actually, I'd rather spend $300 on a tool that'll last me a lifetime than $500 on a vest I'll pretty much only use for airsofting. It makes sense when you look at it that way ;)

I guess it does :) LOL I put the wrong one, I meant land vesion

And before I brought it, I sold my WA hi-capa, CA BT Mp5, and WE 5.1 ;) and all the mag and acessories that go with the 3 of them

Hey Titleist,

Great photography, the under the shade lighting really does the Eagle's MJK justice. The bad photographers make the eagle's "light green" webbing look almost pink.

Just curious, what tall are you and how much do you weigh?

I'm trying to see if I can add like 2 extra molle channels by adding those Proud replica SAPIs because your CIRAS has so much frikin real estate.

Cheers Havoc.

Just to clarify the amount of room available on each model, when done up, is this:

Land rear lower: 12 rows

Mari r/l: 12 rows

Land front lower: 8 rows

Mari f/l: 8 rows

Land sides: 8 (x 2) rows

Mari sides: 4 (x2) rows

Therefore rows in total around the circumference is = Land: 36 and Mari: 28

Its just that in Titleist's pic you seem to gain a hell of a lot more molle on the land version than you do the maritime version. (I have included the first mag pouch in the front 8).

landciras.jpg

Remember that most of that extra is in overlap over an additional layer of PALS. Circumference-wise, I doubt it's much wider, but there's a layer underneath for more pouches. There is quite a bit more room, but it'll add to the bulk. Depends how you want to set up your rig, I suppose :)

I've taken into account the overlap meaning that the above pic will have 32 rows while the front will have 4 in the centre all exposed when done up.

Whereas the Maritime will have only 28 fully exposed rows.

Havoc, is it due to the actual sizing i.e. you have a small and Titleist has a medium or larger?

Mine's a medium. The Smalls lose 2 columns on the front panel (i.e. 6 across instead of 8), but the rest stays the same.

The Maritime is inherently smaller due to the design. To be honest, I really think, as I say, it comes down to how much you want to carry. If you can get by with the room on the Maritime, I'd get that over the Land purely for the easy in donning and doffing the vest.

Looks cool, I friggin HATE malice clips, I used to like them but unless you have a knife (don't even say it, HaVoC) it's a pain to thread or release them once they've been locked.

How are they hard to thread?Btw, I'm gonna look fat in all these pouches.. :(

I have a lot of knive but not "a lot" as HaVoC :P And what size are you wearing?

Archived