Hi, I'm the new guy...

Finius

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie, and I would just like a few pointers on general etiquette and the way things work. I've heard about things like if you have someone cornered you shout fire rather than actually shooting them, and if you're hit you shout hit and hold your gun above your head. I was just wondering if this is the right way to do things and if theres anything else I should know? I'm from Lincolnshire and would like to hear from anyone else who's into airsofting locally. Also, could anyone point me in the direction of fairly inexpensive good starter rifles, I don't really want to cough up much more than a few hundred pounds this early on, if you're wondering what sort of airsofter I intend to be, I prefer sniping rather than actually getting myself into the fray of things. Thanks all :)

numero uno - theres a 'hello im new section' in the newbie section ;)

numero errmm, 2. if you're really close to someboy, and its a viable option, some sites suggest you shout hit or tap on the shoulder rather than shooting. as for being hit, yeah you got it - put your gun in the air, shout hit and walk away or whatever.

numero 3 - read the pinned topics in the newbie section, search before you ask questions, as they have probably already been answered, the search function aint great though, but at least try.

numero 4 - check uk shops like airsoft armoury, zero one airsoft, airsoft scotland, fire support. a few hundred pouinds is enough to get yourself more than just a cheap starter rifle, and the kit to go with it. factor in you will have to buy mags, batteries, face protection, ammo and pay to play.

numero 5 - try sniping before you buy. its not like computer games or films because of the limits of toy guns. you will most probably have the same range as somebody with an mp5. and most airsoft games arent tapered for hardcore sniping - sharpshooting maybe, but not sniping. an AWFUL lot of new guys come in saying "yeah i wanna be a sniper", then 2 weeks later sell their new sniper rifle because they think its dull.

I always liked the idea really, and I've done some sniping excersizes before, I've been eyeing up several guns, but the problem I have is a very very limited budget, I'd either want a sniper rifle or a M1A1 Thompson, but both of these options are horribly out of my price range, however I did find a sniper rifle for £100 in a local shop, which seems to be the only option at the moment :(

but you said you dont want to spend more than "a few hundred pounds".

where are you looking ? :blink:

if we take " a few hundred" as being 300, thats more than enough for a TM AEG and all the bits you need, ESPECIALLY if you buy second hand.

or, when you said " a few hundred', did you actually mean "ive got about 80 quid to spend" ?

Archived