Star G36 Duo Optics

Is the RD that unusable, reason I ask is Im getting a CA G36K and considering replacing the CA optic only scope with the STAR dual one.

Ok I know the CA optic is supposed to be alot better but I want to have a RD for when its darker or for CQB which makes the one its got pretty useless.

Fair does it, Ill go with plan B, use normal scope in woodland and get hold of a G36 top rail and mount a RDS when thats a better option.

BTW screamin weasel, Ive just seen the pictures of your G36, I think its amazing and has cast away any doubts I had over getting a G36 for my main weapon and selling my other stuff :D

To remove optic you have to remove the adjustment grub screws. then simply push out the optic barrel from the viewing end, but watch out for the spring inside the housing that pushes against the optic ( it provides the opposition force to the grub screws). Then undo the allen screws that hold the rail to the handle. The next problem which I have yet to solve is how to fix rail to the top of this that is removable, so that if i wanted to i could refix the rds back on.

There are 2 fixing holes.

Bugger do what I did and get a g36C handle and use the iron sights, they're pretty good :D

Archived