Adding rails to mp5 handguard

wicaed

Seems like an easy job, just taking off the handguard of my mp5a4, making measurements and calculations, drilling the holes, and screwing a rail on there, because I really don't want to spend $50 for the same handguard with just rails on it. Or am I just thinking too easily?

something like this: mp-52.jpg

No, it wouldn't be that easy.

Well, the rails would mount on, but then you'd have the screws/bolts/whatever sticking through and interfering with any battery in there.

Then you have to problem that the MP5 handguard is slanted, so anyhtng yu mount will be at one heck of an angle. IE, A laser will point about 3 metres to the right of someone at a range of about 3 metres.

No, it wouldn't be that easy.

Well, the rails would mount on, but then you'd have the screws/bolts/whatever sticking through and interfering with any battery in there.

Then you have to problem that the MP5 handguard is slanted, so anyhtng yu mount will be at one heck of an angle. IE, A laser will point about 3 metres to the right of someone at a range of about 3 metres.

Well, first, I have the battery in the buttstock on a a4, and 2nd.. you got a point there, didn't think about that, maybe adding some like black rubber washers or something to make it at a slant?

Perhaps you could be looking to reduce the handgrip creak (poor mounting) of the stock handgrip?

I was looking for a RIS foward handgrip that could NOT hold a battery. Why? All the battery-capable ones are too big for my tastes.

Just wondering, are there any non-battery-holding replacement forward handgrips with RIS rails on them?

/half thread hijack

putting rails on an mp5 grip? piece of cake my friend. you will need the following.

nuts.

bolts

washers.

rails

mp5 hand grip

dremmel

marking device (pencil)

measuring device (ruler)

IQ over 85.

Place rails where you want them and mark of with marking device.

drill holes after measuring width of drill bit against said rails.

mount rail to handguard using bolts/washers/nuts (try to get the flattest nuts you can *stop sniggering*)

use dremmel to cut the excess bolt off from the inside leaving you room to A mount it back on your weapon and B put a batt in there.

i'ts been done and it does work. you might want to make sure however that you line up your rails properly with the barrel of your gun. i.e. mark em off when the grip is on your gun, you don't want a 40 degree angle on them.

pete

Archived