Good Lord, I'm a N00b again...

Swiper

Ok, hey all I'm Swiper.

I recently started getting interested in Airsofting on a ccf camp, using my mates M4 for some 'riot' control against unruley kids, then having a short battle...

So, not gonna ask the classic "OMG what gun lol1!!!!one!ROFL" questions...

But have a few 'quickies' here.

1. I'm starting an airsoft team in North London, how many guys do I need 5-10 or more Platoon sized?

2. Is it better to buy from a shop in London or online?

3. Are there many tournaments in London.

And for those who are interested, I have been lobbying my local MP, and he said that he will be backing airsofting, and intending to 'invite' Mr Blair to a game with some of the cabinet (time to write that letter...)

At the moment, I've got a job organised for August-September which should cover my weapons etc...

So I guess, hi and can anyone help me with my questions?

*Damn I hate being a N00b <_<

1. I'm starting an airsoft team in North London, how many guys do I need 5-10 or more Platoon sized?

There is no minimum. DA's are 30 strong, XXL are 8...

2. Is it better to buy from a shop in London or online?

Well, you pay more at shops, but then you can hold the guns before sale. Just read the print about warranty at any shop, online or no.

3. Are there many tournaments in London.

Not tournaments, per say, as this isn't paintball. However, there is weekly games in London at Electrowerkz.

Damn I hate being a N00b

Being new is fine. Personally, I designate people into "players" and "chairsofters". Try and get some games in, come to Electro* (PM Janno for info), go to events, get your kit together.

Basho

*Presuming you are old enough.

Being new is fine. Personally, I designate people into "players" and "chairsofters".

Funny that, I thought we were all enthusiasts...<_<

It's a shame that some people want to apply judgments to others, especially in the current climate of negativity towards airsoft... I guess you don't get that in paintballing, where the markers hold little interest in themselves...

The comments about buying online vs in a shop are good, there's not huge savings to be made, either, buying online, so get along to somewhere like AA and handle a selection (and ideally skirmish with a few, too) before spending your money - Most sites have rental guns to use before you take the plunge.

BTW, you don't say exactly WHERE in London you are, but there are plenty of woodland/open field sites around London in easy driving distance.

Cheers

I designate people into two classes, normal people and then the sledges and havocs of the world :P

Welcome to the forum Swiper, have a look around the forums and try to use the search button for the more obvious questions or fear the flaming wrath of the site regulars :flamed:

Funny that, I thought we were all enthusiasts...<_<

No, some of us ON THIS FORUM are collectors (chairsofters) and some are players (skirmishers).

In other words, being called a noob is a forum thing, not a judgment on people.

Chairsofters holler load and clear about this and that and this vest, that pistol, etc, etc. Then they turn out to be a 14 year old who had never be outside his garden.

Be a player.

I'm 18, I live in ol' cuffley near Potters Bar, got woodland backing onto my house... so thats not bad at all! We also have a large number of disused WWII pillboxes locally, so that should be good for a 'little practice'...

As for being flamed by regs, I do it on a few forums regularly enough so... can give as good as I take ;)

I, as yet, heven't been to an airsoft game, because I am currently too poor / busy to do so. I've skirmished a bit with my mates in the back garden (which is a couple of acres before I get sniped for using the word 'skirmish') and I fail to see why anyone should have an issue with how I use my replicas.

Simply because I have chosen for the time being to concentrate on actually buying guns that are more aesthetically pleasing, rather than for their skirmish-worthyness, I don't think you can blame me for trying to buy as many of my favourite guns as possible before the VCR comes in, if this means I can't afford to pay for the huge amount of 134a and bb's plus entrance to a site in order to skirmish, is there something wrong with that?

We are all enthusiasts, we may love airsoft for different reasons, and maybe once I start skirmishing often, after I've finished university and actually have some dough handy, I'll realise the fun that's to be had. But for the timebeing I'm happy as I am.

We're all in the same boat, and we can't be having an airsoft 'class-war' at a time like this.

Edit - Whatever you choose to do mate, make sure you have fun! :D

cheers, hbc.

Don't worry about the vcr bill, Ol' Swiper has something up his sleeve ;)

At least I have plenty of ideas how to stop it going through legally!

Damn there are a lot of threads to read...

I am thinking about buying a helmet from my local army surplus and a visor to go with it there, my mate is good with electronics, so may be able to rig up a small radio inside...

I'm still looking at rifles and pistols etc... damn there is so much choice!

I'll probably check out a lot of local airsofting sites in the coming months... Especially when I pass my driving test :)

DO NOT skirmish on land that isnt designtaed airsoft site, or private land you have permission to use.

failure to do this will result in you getting a swift visit from armed police, who will be moe than ready to shoot you with real guns.

as for a helmet - i suggest you decide you actually want to play before buying a helmet - its not as fun as it looks wearing and running about in one.

Archived