KSC M9 HW

About a month ago I bought a KSC M9 of this very forums from Hitman_no.2. When it arrived I eagerly opened the packaging to be greated by a nicely decorated green box, with "Heavy Weight" stickers and pictures of the gun. Inside the box is the usual styrofoam with gubbins, such as the manual, loading tool, hop adjusting tool and small bag of BBs.

When taking the gun out of the box, I was pleasantly surprised at its weight. It's pretty heavy, weighing just under 1KG at 965g, with 290g of that being the mag. Unlike many pistols, it's balanced without the mag and with it. Another shocking thing was the plastic is very good quality, it's cold to the touch and it has no visible seam lines whatsoever on the slide and frame. The barrel however lets it down, it has very visible seam lines running down either side of it, although most of them are cleverly covered by the slide. The HW plastic is excellent, it's cold to the touch and has the look of metal.

The trades are fairly accurate to my knowledge, although it says PP instead of PB and the grip trades are obviously not accurate as they contain the KSC logo. The slide trades on the right state: "U.S. 9mm m9-Armed Forces-65490" and then "PP" in an oval. It syas the same on the right side of the frame (minus the PP). On the right side of the slide it says: "ASSY 9346487-65490". The KSC logo is cleverly hidden under the takedown lever and the JASG logo is in tiny letters under the trigger bar.

The decocker works and is also a safety once the pistol has been decocked. With the safety on the trigger is disabled and the slide locked. Unlike other KSC guns with decockers, the M9 fully decocks, with the hammer being let all the way down. Whereas the USPc for example only half decocks.

Shooting results were not bad (i'll put a picture of the results up in a few minutes), 10 shots were fired with green at 5 metres and the groupings were about 1" - 1 1/2" roughly. I haven't got any gas consistancy figures on green or 134a yet, but I'll try and get that done soon.

The recoil is very sluggish, which is a bit of a let down. In comparison, my G17 and USPc were very snappy when doing some target practice with the M9, all on green at the same temperature.

Overall it's a very nice pistol, amazing finish, not bad groupings (nothing special though), it's just a bit of a let down with the recoil. It would make a fairly good sidearm and collectors piece alike. I'd give this about a 8.5/9 out of 10. It's only real let down is the recoil.

I'll post pics shortly.

Pics!:

M9-2.jpg

As you can see, no seams!

Noseams.jpg

M9rightside.jpg

M9lockedback-1.jpg

Barrel seams :(

Barrelseam1.jpg

barrelseam2.jpg

Shooting results

Shootingresults.jpg

More:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/ben_w/M9Magmarkings.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/ben_w/M9andmag2.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/ben_w/M9andmag.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/ben_w...agmarkings2.jpg

Edited by Guest

Yep, the accuracy test was with green too.

I haven't used her that much though (ran out of gas for a while) so i can't comment on the long term use of it. Although it doesn't seem like it'd do any damage from what I've seen so far. The recoil is fairly slow and sluggish even on green, compared to the fast and violent recoil my USPc and G17 have. So I can't really see it doing any slide or frame damage.

the KSC M9 HW is a great gun. only 3 upgrades are done by my shop to really make it the best scirmish gun out there...

trigger spring is replaced

new inner barrel

and new recoil spring.

after these upgrades the guns really is hard to beat. i have upgraded around 4 for team members and players. my father even uses one with his M249 MKII.

• 1 month later...