Tokyo Marui AEP's

UMGuy

Thing is though this is airsoft, not the real world. In reality GBBs are loud, have another variable to think about which effects consistancy and "kick" having an adverse affect on accuracy.

They are powered by something the size of a pack of chewing gum and you can get upto 15 mags out of them. The practicality far outweighs the realism! I wish these were available 5 years ago!

Yes this thread has turned into a "Will AEP replace Gas?" thread... :(

Obviously, we are all here for very different reasons.... some want to play extreme sports with the best performance equipment they can get that is value for money.... some want to go for the realism angle and pretend they are in some real life situation involving firearms... some just want to collect.... numerous other reasons....

This will change how we view the different Airsoft guns.... and what we want from them. Some want loud guns with maximum power, hard recoil and the GBB is always going to win on those factors. The AEP pleases people who want practicality and great accuracy at a good price along with durability.

They offer, much longer continued use at the same velocity and therefore in a sustained part of a firefight they can outlive the gas opponent's gun. The magazines do not hold gas and therefore can hold far more pellets than many gas guns with the introduction of AEP hi-caps. (100 pellets in a G18C :blink: ). In other words you can get a sustained white line of BB's from an AEP that a Gas pistol cannot sustain and in the strange world of Airsoft that somehow strives for realism and then commonly allows unlimited ammunition :o ; this is often seen as the way to win in this sport :angry: . ie "more firepower please". shame!

AEP styled SMG with scopes and upgrades will be the next thing that will sweep the fashion of Airsoft no doubt, once the next few designs are released.

The AEP and SMG's don't make the GBB obsolete in terms of sales. Many want their gun to look and act like a real firearm for some reason. (this is why the VCR bill threatens the Airsoft Sport in the UK). So they will continue to be sold en masse worldwide due to demand. However, I see AEP SMG as replacing some smaller AEG's (espescially the MP5) in the sales department.

I myself like the AEP as it is low powered and I don't feel as guilty for shooting at point blank or taking a head shot. I could never understand why many GBB running at high power were labelled as sidearms for close range. <_< I see the AEP is far more sensible as it can handle targets to a fair range with far less power and is therefore safer to use as a sidearm.

I play a different game to most. Guess that is why I only own NBB gas guns and they are for longer ranges where the higher power is best used.

Bottom line I come to, is therefore.... "Is the AEP is the future?" depends what style of game you are playing. Here in my game, as a backup pistol; the AEP G18C IS THE FUTURE. (I never use auto btw)

For the rest of the Airsoft world ..... probably not... :flamed:

btw I have always wanted and voiced my opinion for a seperate range of Airsoft guns that are not replicas and built purely for the sportsman. ie with ergonomics and practicality/performance in the minds of the designers rather than trying to fit it inside a certain shaped body. Many mocked me and still will over such a desire for a gun that looked more like a stick than an M60; but if it had happened, VCR would not be as much of a threat to this sport in my country.

Each to their own and Happy Hunting ;)

I dont think AEPs will replace GBBs so much as be an alternative to them.  I'm definitely buying the TMP when it comes out, so I can use a TMP during the winter too. :D

I think that gbb would become a alternative to aep in a while, mainly becasue the aep is a more consistant gun with a bigger supply of bb's. As far as gas pistols go I own a Ksc 1911 colt, Kwa g18c, We kimber desert warrior, and a kwa beretta, but my tm mp7 has a better range and accuracy then any of them. I dont know about all of you but gas has failed me so many times when my m14, and my other aeg's run out of ammo. With a gas gun forget about using it in winter time or anything that is 50 farenhight or below. I am not saying a gas gun will not work in cold whether, but it won't work to good. Another thing that i like about aep is the price for the mags and how much they hold. The gbb mag will hole an average of 25+1, when an average aep mag will hold 100, plus the gbb mag is about the same in price as an aep mag. Other advantege is that aep's are just a better back up gun for all around conditions. The only thing i will say that gas will have an advantege over an aep is power, and realisim.

Don't get me wrong gbb are just a blast to shot due to the decent kick, and sound making you feel like your not shooting a toy . Now i think that the only people that will by a gas pistol when the new line of tm aeps hit the market are those people who just like the realisim, becasue in MY opinon, and my opinon only an aep is just a superior back up.

Well I have a KSC TMP, and it has incredible range when it's warm out.  So not all GBBs have poor range.

Never said all, i said most. I still love the feel of a gbb, but i still think an aep is a all around better gone (in terms of climate, and not everyone has a tmp, most people carry a typicall pistol). Its just more consistant, and if you need more power just wait for the upgrades to come out

I had an AEP for a while, but it's a dull sterile experience to shoot it.

Personally, I can't see much appeal in them - The whole point of GBBs is they kick and make a noise!

The MP7's a little different as it's more like a small AEG, but then, if it was my money, I'd probably just get a P90 and have the best of both worlds :)

Cheers.

Archived