Armourer disappeared with my guns

1st_shooter

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or has no place as i couldnt find where to post, and i really need help as i have no guns to play with and have currently lost my most expensive gun i have ever owned.

My friend and I gave our guns to the armourer named "markus" at firefight chatham around 6 weeks ago. He has done work for me in the past so i had no doubts about giving him the guns to fix. Me and my friend handed over a G&G UMG & SR16 match custom sniper with the promise i would have them back withing a few weeks as my friend needs his gun to play airsoft. I sent "markus" £65 via royal mail recorded delivery for the repairs and so he could post it back to me as i did not want to wait and pick it up off him at ff chatham, i also had a conversation with markus who confirmed he had the money and would send the gun out the following day. my friend arranged to pick up his gun (umg) from ff chatham 2 weeks ago and he didnt turn up and none of his team where there (team SWARM). His mobile number that i have now ceases to work as it says "this number is temporarily unavailable" i have tried and left messages on his home number and now when i ring his home number the answerphone doesnt even come on. Indicating he has turned it off. He lives on the outskirts of london and it is a lot of hassel for me to get up to his house. I do not no what else to do. If anyone can offer any help and no's who i mean or plays at electroworks etc.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mmmm......I play at firefight Dover. I remember a Markus who went to ff Dover a long time ago. But i dunno what happened to him. Contact 'Marcus Sparcus' on these forums. Hes one of the people who runs ff Dover and probably ff Chatham.

He might know some information about regular players at the site.

Mmmm......I play at firefight Dover. I remember a Markus who went to ff Dover a long time ago. But i dunno what happened to him. Contact 'Marcus Sparcus' on these forums. Hes one of the people who runs ff Dover and probably ff Chatham.

He might know some information about regular players at the site.

Thanks mate he couldnt really offer any more help.

I have his address and numbers i just cant get in contact i have had people knock on his house but hes not in so i really need somone who has contact with him or has a number i can get him on.

Thanks mate he couldnt really offer any more help.

I have his address and numbers i just cant get in contact i have had people knock on his house but hes not in so i really need somone who has contact with him or has a number i can get him on.

OK. Yeh, it must be annoying knowing someone has ur best guns and you dont know where they are. Shame really, mabe hes on holiday or something. Best of luck.

If this is the Marcus I think it is, he is a well known *beep*.

You should try the organisers at Firefight and see if they can help. I know a few people on the forums have dealt with him, such as sittupking, Janno, etc

Oh and by the way, he has been politely banned from electro for months.

If this is the Marcus I think it is, he is a well known *beep*.

You should try the organisers at Firefight and see if they can help.  I know a few people on the forums have dealt with him, such as sittupking, Janno, etc

Oh and by the way, he has been politely banned from electro for months.

he is not very tall and has a short style crew cut and exstremely racist.

FF i have got as much info off them as i could and he just doesnt reply to emails, phonecalls etc.

Seems you might want to prepare for the worst?

i aggree, find 6 of the meanest looking black guys you can find, and lead them to racist... :D

and while he's busy beeing their entertainment, see if you can find your stuff ;)

:rolleyes: oh come on, you know he deserves it..... :unsure:

might be a good idea to contact darkangel1 on these boards, he's a regular at EW and police at that, he might be able to give you some good advice on matters like this, who knows, maybe he knows him...

There could be a genuine reason as to his lack of communication of late - hospital, holiday, work commitments, family emergency ect ect.

Nothing wrong in contacting the Police though, just to make sure. Lets face it, if the roles were reversed, he'd probably need to address the situation with the same view. You said he was part of a team? Anyway you can get in contact with that team? Website ect?

In law, the problem is that you have to give him a reasonable amount of time to make contact with you. I'd say about 1 month.

If he doesn't, then you have a range of offences. He has obtained your goods (aeg) by deception, by making you believe that he is going to fix it for you. he has also obtained your £65 for the postage by deception, by making you believe that he is going to post it back to you.

Deception is quite a serious offence, and would probably result in a custodial sentance.

You also have straight theft of your AEG and your mates gun, and of the money that should have been used for the postage.

Problem is, that most police officers will see this as a Civil Dispute, as you have entered into a verbal contract with him, therfore making this a civil and not a criminal matter. In which case the Citizens Advice Bureau would be the best ones to help point you in the right direction.

as a serving member of the Metropolitan Police, I do not think that you should send the 'boys round', this would only get YOU into trouble with the police, especially seeing as there is now an audit trail of proposed violence on this thread. Basically, good to talk about when blowing of steam, illegal to threaten or carry through.

What I would do in your situation is send him three letters demanding that he contacts you within a reasonable time frame, and post them recorded delivery three days on the trot.

You will then know who has signed for the letter, and will know that he has seen and understood that you want your kit back pronto.

then, If he doesn't return it to you in a reasonable amount of time, then the police may be more inclined to treat it as theft as you would have taken every reasonable step to get your property back.

To steal something you have to "Dishonestly, appropriate property belong to another, with the intention to permanently deprive the other of it." as you can see by the wording, this is very difficult for the police to prove, which is why you have to send the letters etc which lets him know you want it immediately, and gives him a reasonable amount of time to return it to you.

Give him another two weeks, send him the letters (recorded) making sure to mention that you want him to phone you immediately to negotiate return, and then go to his local police, they are more likely to do somthing about it if he lives on their patch.

Don't touch the bloke with a barge pole in future.

If it was my custom aeg, i would be waiting on his doorstep until he turned up, the distance he lived from me would not be an issue. (I would only be seeking my equipment back of course :bam:) The smilie was a joke by the way.

Marcus Ravera is in no way linked to Firefight, and has indeed been banned from Electrowerkz for over a year, and hasn't been seen there since.

I'm sorry that this has happened to you, you aren't exclusive though, many have been stung by him in the past.

A proper rogue trader, who I suspect isn't registered as a business....

No way, this was my 200th post!

Marcus Ravera is in no way linked to Firefight, and has indeed been banned from Electrowerkz for over a year, and hasn't been seen there since.

I'm sorry that this has happened to you, you aren't exclusive though, many have been stung by him in the past.

So its the same person referred to in this thread: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...0&st=0&p=181756

There's talk of him trying to open a shop in that thread, and thats a year ago. Does he have one, or does this guy do all of this from home?

Mate, Im pretty sure I know the chap. He used to work in wolf armouries? My mates Dad has a shed in his back garden where a "Markus" has his workshop.. Now ill try and find out by giving my mates Dad a call and seeing if his surname is Rivera or whatever it was. Ill help out as MUCH possible mate. Ill get onto it tomorrow.

edit: I remember hearing a story about him running off with someones Vulcan M134 and trying to sell it, so I will do as much as humanly possible to get your gun back to you. Ill find out an address at the least!

Archived